King of Staten Island
|King of Staten Island|
|Directed by||Judd Apatow|
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures|
The film's storyline will reflect Davidson's own life including the loss of his firefighter father on September 11, 2001.
- Pete Davidson as Scott, Margie's son
- Bel Powley
- Bill Burr as Margie's boyfriend
- Marisa Tomei as Margie, Scott's mother
- Maude Apatow as Scott's sister and Margie's daughter
- Pamela Adlon
- Jimmy Tatro
- Ricky Velez
- Steve Buscemi
- Kevin Corrigan
- Domenick Lombardozzi
- Mike Vecchione
- Moisés Arias
- Carly Aquilino
- Lou Wilson
- Derek Gaines
- Pauline Chalamet
- Colson Baker
- Mario Polit
- Paul Virzi
- Luke David Blumm
On January 29, 2019, it was announced that Universal Pictures was producing a new film directed by Judd Apatow and starring Pete Davidson. The film was set to be written by Apatow, Davidson, and Dave Sirus with Apatow and Sirus also producing the film.
In April 2019, Bel Powley, Bill Burr and Marisa Tomei were added to the cast. Maude Apatow and Pamela Adlon joined in May. In June 2019, Colson Baker, Jimmy Tatro, Ricky Velez, Steve Buscemi, Kevin Corrigan, Domenick Lombardozzi, Mike Vecchione, Moisés Arias, Lou Wilson and Derek Gaines joined the cast of the film.
It will have its world premiere at South by Southwest on March 13, 2020. The film is scheduled to be released by Universal Pictures on June 19, 2020. In November 2019, it was announced the film was titled King of Staten Island.
- "The King of Staten Island". South by Southwest. Retrieved January 15, 2020.
- Fleming Jr, Mike (January 29, 2019). "Judd Apatow To Direct Film Vehicle For Pete Davidson". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved February 1, 2019.
- Bel Powley to Star With Pete Davidson in Judd Apatow Comedy at Universal
- Marisa Tomei Joins Pete Davidson in Judd Apatow Comedy (Exclusive)
- Pamela Adlon Boards Universal’s Untitled Judd Apatow-Pete Davidson Comedy
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (June 3, 2019). "Colson Baker Joins Universal's Untitled Judd Apatow-Pete Davidson Comedy". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved June 3, 2019.
- Galuppo, Mia (June 5, 2019). "'American Vandal' Star Jimmy Tatro Joins Pete Davidson in Universal Comedy (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved June 5, 2019.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (June 5, 2019). "Universal's Judd Apatow-Pete Davidson Comedy Adds Stand-Up Comedian Ricky Velez". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved June 5, 2019.
- Kroll, Justin (June 18, 2019). "Steve Buscemi Joins Judd Apatow's Upcoming Pete Davidson Comedy (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved June 18, 2019.
- Wiseman, Andreas (June 25, 2019). "Universal's Judd Apatow-Pete Davidson Comedy Adds Trio". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved June 25, 2019.
- "1) Judd Apatow's Pete Davidson's movie has an official plot synopsis and it sounds semi-autobiographical 2) Davidson's character plays an aspiring tattoo artist (extremely on brand!) It's shot by MOTHERFUCKING Robert Elswit Get used to the name Oscar nominee Pete Davidson". Twitter.com. May 29, 2019. Retrieved May 29, 2019.
- Ray-Ramos, Dino (January 15, 2020). "SXSW Sets Judd Apatow's 'The King Of Staten Island' As Opening-Night Film, Unveils Features And Episodics Lineups". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved January 15, 2020.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (February 1, 2019). "Universal Dates Judd Apatow-Pete Davidson Comedy & DreamWorks' 'The Turning' For 2020". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved February 1, 2019.
- Motamayor, Rafael (November 16, 2019). "Judd Apatow's Film About The Life Of Pete Davidson May Be Titled 'King of Staten Island'". The Playlist. Retrieved November 16, 2019.