October 13, 1971 |
Santa Clara, California
|Spouse(s)||Dan Anderson (1997 - 2003)
Robert Lorsch (2008 - present)
Early life and education
Reed was born in Santa Clara, California, and by age five was performing in school plays and local dance recitals. By age 10, she was doing commercials and local catalog modeling. When her family moved to Louisville, Kentucky, she attended the Youth Performing Arts School and then went on to graduate from UCLA's School of Theatre, Film and Television.
In addition to appearances as "Herself" and/or on behalf of organizations she works with, the list of Reed's credits also include producer, writer, director, and stunt person. She has appeared in movies, including starring roles in Red Shoe Diaries and The Price Of Desire, and on network television, on shows such as ER, NYPD Blue and The War at Home. She was a reporter and producer on Playboy TV's series Sexcetera, produced the second season of the Naked Happy Girls series and was both a writer and supervising producer on Playboy's hit travel/reality show 69 Sexy Things 2 Do Before You Die. Reed has worked as the backstage host for the Daytime Emmy Awards and a reporter for the Hollywood Christmas Parade. She was featured on Bravo Interior Therapy with Jeff Lewis with her husband Robert Lorsch. Kira joined the cast of the Emmy nominated The Bay in 2014 and the producing team soon thereafter. The popular web series won the Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Drama Series - New Approaches in 2015.
Reed's appearances in erotica have included posing for Playboy Magazine in December 1996, in a group pictorial of women from the television series Women: Stories of Passion, and appearing in direct-to-video (DTV) movies like Secrets of a Chambermaid. In The Erotic Thriller in Contemporary Cinema, Linda Ruth Williams cited Reed and Delia Sheppard as examples of actresses who worked "...in B-scale erotic thrillers at the fringes of Hollywood, the obvious trajectory for a strip-circuit veteran (DTV divas Kira Reed and Delia Sheppard both started as showgirls.)":177 The book also reproduces a quote from an article at Playboy.com, with Williams again making specific reference to Reed. "Video may have killed the radio star, but it proved a real boon to Playmates in the Eighties, who played a not insignificant role in that decade's video revolution":301
Reed also worked in adult entertainment with her first husband, Dan Anderson. They took part in Juli Ashton's Essentially Fresh; which was subsequently featured in Ashton's Wicked Pictures production Basically Becca (2001). The couple marketed photos, home movies and live performances through an adult website called MarriedCouple.com. In 2001, Adult Industry News reported that the couple intended for their website material to be available exclusively to MarriedCouple.com members while they continued performing "...in a variety of more softcore and even mainstream projects for the rest of the public."
Reed's marriage to Anderson lasted five years. She is now married to Robert Lorsch and is president of his event-production company, the RHL Group, producing charity events. In December 2012, RHL published Reed's Score: How to Win the Girl of Your Dreams.
Reed is a supporter of the mental health awareness organization The Thalians. She also supports Shelter Hope Pet Shop, a Thousand Oaks animal rescue group that puts dogs that might otherwise face euthanasia up for adoption instead. She appears as Ms. June in Shelter Hope's 2015 fundraising calendar.
- Treacherous Crossing (1992) .... Sherilyn
- Beverly Hills, 90210 (1 episode, 1994) .... Dancing Girl
- Unsolved Mysteries (1 episode, 1996) .... Sara
- Beverly Hills Bordello (1 episode, 1996) .... Jenny Cochran
- Maui Heat (1996) .... Sara
- Red Shoe Diaries (1 episode, 1996) .... Rita
- Perversions of Science (1 episode, 1997) .... Vampiress
- Click (2 episodes, 1997) .... Dominique
- Women: Stories of Passion (1 episode, 1997) .... Marlene
- Ultimate Trek: Star Trek's Greatest Moments (1999) .... Salesgirl
- Ryan Caulfield: Year One (1 episode, 1999) .... Nadine
- Red Handed (1 episode, 1999) .... TV Host
- Strip Mall (1 episode, 2000) .... Auditioning Actress
- Madison Heights (1 episode, 2001) .... Susan
- The Howard Stern Show (2 episodes, 2001) .... Herself
- NYPD Blue (4 episodes, 2002) .... Gloria Simmons
- ER (1 episode, 2003) .... Shop Girl
- The War at Home (1 episode, 2006) .... Mrs. Petrusky
- Sexcetera (1998-2006) .... Reporter
- Chiller: 13 (2010) .... Commentator
- Today Show (2010) .... Herself
- Howard Stern on Demand (2 episodes, 2006-2010) .... Guest appearances
- Hero Dog Awards (2011) .... Reporter
- Hell's Kitchen (2011) .... Herself
- The Daytime Emmy Awards (2009 - 2011) .... Backstage reporter
- Interior Therapy with Jeff Lewis (2012) .... Herself
- Money TV (7 Episodes, 2011 -2012) .... Commentator
- Hollywood Christmas Parade (2009 -2013) .... Red Carpet Host/Reporter
- America's Newsroom (2013) .... Free Afridi Activist/Panelist
- Happening Now (2013) .... Herself
- Pit Boss (2013) .... Animal Rescue Advocate
- Fox and Friends (2013) .... Herself
- CBS LA (2012-2013) .... Pets 2 Love Lady
- Thalians 55th Gala (2014) .... Executive Producer/Herself
- Thalians 56th Gala (2014) .... Director/Writer/Producer/Host
- Vampire (2010) .... Chloe
- Demon's Claw (2006) .... Elizabeth Balthory
- Jailbait (2004) .... Nurse Jeri
- BachelorMan (2003) .... Courtney Love Wannabe
- The Final Victim (2003) .... Nadia
- The Big Chingon (2003) .... Sara
- Cheerleader Ninjas (2002) .... Fantasy Girl
- Just Can't Get Enough (2002) .... Amber Lee
- Demon Under Glass (2002) .... Chloe Martin
- Basically Becca (2001) .... Herself
- Rage of the Innocents (2001) .... Erica
- Amy's Orgasm (2001, also known as Amy's O) .... Shannon Steele
- Forbidden Highway (2001) .... Cherry
- The Mistress Club (2000) .... Trudy
- House of Love (2000) .... Darby
- Fast Lane to Malibu (2000) .... Officer Taylor
- Surrender (2000) .... Lauren
- Luck of the Draw (2000) .... Zippo's Boudoir Girl
- Shadow Dancer (1999) .... Janet
- Wasteland Justice (1999) .... Shanna
- Thriller: Caron (1999) .... Caron
- Killing the Vision (1999) .... Reporter
- Alien Files (1998) (as Kira Lee) .... Agent Forrest
- A Place Called Truth (1998) .... Kit
- Losing Control (1998) .... Kim
- Secrets of a Chambermaid (1998) .... Odile
- Carnal Fate (1998) .... Mimi
- Too Good to Be True (1997/II) .... Darcy
- Madam Savant (1997) .... Suzy Largo
- The Price of Desire (1997) .... Monica
- The Night That Never Happened (1997) .... Claire
- Fallen Angel (1997) (as Kira Lee) .... Kristi
- The Lady in Blue (1996) .... Carla
- Damien's Seed (1996) .... Carol
- Secret Places (1996) .... Holly
- Mr. Skin (November 10, 2009). Mr. Skin's Skincyclopedia: The A-to-Z Guide to Finding Your Favorite Actresses Naked (Second ed.). St. Martin's Griffin. ISBN 978-0312584023.
- "Kira Reed's Glamourcon Interview". Glamourcon.com. 2003-06-01. Retrieved 2013-05-02.
- "Northaven Volleyball Program". Northavenresort.com. 2007-05-15. Retrieved 2013-05-02.
- Kira Reed Lorsch at the Internet Movie Database
- "The Price of Desire".
- Staff. "Kira Reed: Daytime Emmy Awards (0:46) Kira Reed Lorsch". IMDb.com. Amazon. Retrieved 29 August 2014.
- Reed, Kira. "Kira Reed Lorsch on the Hollywood Christmas Parade Red Carpet 2012". YouTube.com. Retrieved 29 August 2014.
- Staff. "Interior Therapy with Jeff Lewis: Season 1, Episode 2 Charity Begins at Home (21 Mar. 2012) TV Episode - Reality-TV". IMDb.com. Amazon. Retrieved 29 August 2014.
- Staff. "YAHOO NEWS: Kira Reed Lorsch Joins Cast of Emmy(R) Nominated The Bay". www.thebaytheseries.com. Yahoo Finance. Retrieved 29 August 2014.
- Staff. "Kira Reed Lorsch Joins Cast of Emmy(R) Nominated The Bay". www.finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 29 August 2014.
- Staff. "THE NATIONAL ACADEMY OF TELEVISION ARTS & SCIENCES ANNOUNCES WINNERS FOR THE 42nd ANNUAL DAYTIME CREATIVE ARTS EMMY® AWARDS". Retrieved 25 April 2015.
- "'Women: Stories of Passion', For the Sake of Science (TV episode, 1997)" at the Internet Movie Database
- Krzywinska, Tanya, Sex and the Cinema, Wallflower Press, London (2006) p. 1. ISBN 1-904764-73-8
- Williams, Linda Ruth (2005). The Erotic Thriller in Contemporary Cinema. Bloomington, IN: Indiana University Press. ISBN 0-253-21836-5.
- Reed, Kira. "Kira Reed Studios". Archived from the original on September 18, 2004. Retrieved 2013-05-06.
- Sechrest, Jason (August 1, 2001). "Married Couple Presents Keri Windsor Live This Sunday". Adult Industry News. DV8 P.R. Retrieved 2013-05-24.
- "Basically Becca". Rancho Carne: Reviews of Adult Everything. March 4, 2002. Retrieved 2013-05-25.
- KiraReedLorsch.com Retrieved 1 June 2015
- "AudreyHepburn" (November 30, 2007). "Letters & Transcripts: An Interview with Dan Anderson". Literotica.com. Retrieved 2013-05-02.
- RHL Group
- Reed, Kira (December 12, 2012). Score: How to Win the Girl of Your Dreams. The RHL Group, Inc. ISBN 0615676154.
- Olivier, Ellen, Thalians Honor Hugh Hefner; Jeffrey Ross Acts as Roastmaster General as Stars Salute “Mr. Wonderful”, Society News LA, 19 September 2011. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- Facter, Sue, Smokey Robinson Honored by the Thalians, The Tolucan Times, 5 May 2014. Retrieved 18 December 2014.
- Bitcong, Anna, Animal rescue supporters go for bare, Thousand Oaks Acorn, 23 October 2014. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- Andrews, David, Soft in the Middle: The Contemporary Softcore Feature in its Contexts Ohio State University Press (2006). ISBN 0-8142-1022-8
- Official website
- Trailer for Demon's Claw, featuring Kira Reed
- Kira Reed Lorsch at the Internet Movie Database
- Kira Reed at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Kira Reed on Twitter