|Population (2011 Estimate)|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
Kiruhura is approximately 65 kilometres (40 mi), by road, northeast of Mbarara, the largest city in the Ankole sub-region. This is approximately 247 kilometres (153 mi), by road, southwest of Kampala, the capital and largest city of Uganda. The coordinates of the town are 0°12'36.0"S, 30°49'48.0"E (Latitude:-0.2100; Longitude:30.8300).
In 2002, the national population census put the town's population at about 10,240. In 2010, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) estimated the population at 13,500. In 2011, UBOS estimated the mid-year population at 14,000.
Points of interest
The following additional points of interest lie within the town limits or close to its edges:
- Kiruhura Town Hall, the building housing the town council offices
- Rushere Community Hospital, a 200-bed community hospital affiliated with the Church of Uganda, located approximately 12 kilometres (7.5 mi), by road, west of Kiruhura
- Rwakitura State House, the country home of President Yoweri Museveni and located in Rwakitura, not far from Kiruhura
- "Distance Between Mbarara And Kiruhura With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- "Map Showing Kampala And Kiruhura With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com.
- Google (5 July 2015). "Location of Kiruhura At Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 5 July 2015.
- UBOS. "Estimated Population of Kiruhura In 2002, 2010 And 2011" (PDF). Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- Ssengendo, Abdulkarim (1 February 2010). "Kiruhura Town Clerk Asked to Plan Town Well". New Vision. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- Mugisa, Anne (8 May 2007). "Janet Urges Medics On Infection Prevention". New Vision. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- "Map Showing Kiruhura And Rushere With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 7 June 2014.