This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
It is possible to create two-part sequenced phrases using the two analog modelling tone generators. External audio sources can also be input, and processed with its resonant filter or effects knobs, and then synched to a sequence. The oscillator can be modulated using Ring modulation, Sync, or Decimator.
The EA-1 can store a total of 256 (64 x 4 banks) phrases or patterns plus 16 songs consisting of multiple patterns.
The EA-1 can be synchronised to other MIDI devices using tap tempo or MIDI clock, or by tapping in the beat and synchronising to a turntable or other non-MIDI sound sources. The Tempo delay, chorus/flanger, and distortion effects can also be used to manipulate sounds and patterns. The EA-1 can be controlled from an external sequencer and used as a MIDI expansion tone generator.
- Type: Synth/ module/
- Synthesis type: Digital analog modeling
- Max: 2
- Typical in use: 2
- Multi-timbral (number of parts): 2
- Oscillators per voice :
- Min : 1
- Max : 2
- Controllers : 11 knobs, 1 data wheel, 21 buttons, 3 transport buttons, 16 keyboard buttons
- Effects :
- Number of FX units : 2
- Number of different effects : 2
- Keyboard :
- Number of keys : 16
- Can send on simultaneous MIDI channels
- Responds to : Note on/off, MIDI control change
- Sounds can be split by : Cannot be split
- Inputs and outputs :
- Number of audio outs (excluding phones) : 2
- Number of audio ins : 1
- Number of MIDI Outs (excluding thru) : 1
- Number of MIDI Ins : 1
- "Korg Electribes". Future Music. No. 83. Future Publishing. June 1999. p. 72. ISSN 0967-0378. OCLC 1032779031.