Cover of April 2008 issue featuring Harukanaru Toki no Naka de by Tōko Mizuno
|Editor in chief||Ikushū Ichikawa|
|First issue||July 1976|
|Based in||Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo|
LaLa is a monthly Japanese shōjo manga magazine published by Hakusensha. The magazine is published on the 24th of each month. The magazine's bonus content are usually calendars for New Year issues, drama CDs and so on. The magazine was ranked fifth together with Shogakukan's Shōjo Comic and Kodansha's Weekly Shōnen Magazine by Japanese girls as their favorite manga anthology in a survey conducted by Oricon in 2006.
- 1 About
- 2 Current serializing titles
- 3 Past serializing titles
- 4 Related magazines
- 5 References
- 6 External links
LaLa is the second shōjo manga magazine that Hakusensha published. Series' that are serialized in LaLa is collected into tankōbon under the label, Hana to Yume Comics (花とゆめコミックス), together with other Hana to Yume serialized manga. Fanbooks, illustration books for the serialized series’ are published under the Hana to Yume Comics Special (花とゆめコミックススペシャル).
Readers of the magazine are 97% female while the other 3% are male readers. Its age demographic consists of 4% percent for under-13 readers, 23.4% for readers aged 13–17, 20% for readers aged 18–20, 13% for readers aged 21–23 while the remaining 29.7% of the readers are aged 24 years old and up. Readers aged 24 and up are the demographic of the highest percentage.
LaLa began its publication in July 1976 as a sister magazine to Hana to Yume as Hana to Yume LaLa (花とゆめ LaLa) which was published bi-monthly. The magazine's first publication featured Ryōko Yamagishi's Hana no Seitachi (花の精たち) and was priced at 290 yen. The magazine's first editor in chief was Nobumasa Konagai. The current editor in chief is Ikushū Ichikawa.
Then in September 1977, the magazine changed its frequency and became a monthly magazine. It then became its own independent magazine with a sister magazine of its own, LaLa DX.
In 1985, Hakusensha started publishing special publications of LaLa that was published irregularly under different titles over the years. It first started with LaLa Deluxe that was published seasonally. It later became the magazine's sister magazine, LaLa DX.
Since LaLa Deluxe had been published, various special publication or supplement issues had been published. Bessatsu LaLa: Bessatsu RaRa (別冊LaLa : 別冊ララ) was the first published supplemental issue for LaLa. It was first published in the summer of Shōwa 57 and ended in Spring of Shōwa 59. Bessatsu LaLa (別冊Lala) had succeeded Bessatsu LaLa: Bessatsu RaRa and was published bi-monthly from 1984 to 1985.
My LaLa, a special edited compilation of the magazine was published from the Autumn of Shōwa 59 to the Spring of 1985. LaLa Special Wendy (LaLaスペシャルWendy) was published first in Summer 1985 and its last issue was on June 1986 with a total of 5 issues.
LaLa Special Cindy (LaLaスペシャルCindy) was then published to replace LaLa Special Wendy. The first issue for LaLa Special Cindy was published from Summer 1986 to Autumn 1986. It was later revived for 2 issue which were published from Autumn to Winter of 1987 issue.
Since 2004, the special publication or supplemental issue of LaLa has been published as LaLa Special which serializes LaLa's side stories of the related series as well as featuring various manga artists' one-shots.
The magazine had a series of commercials which was directed by Shō Yanagisawa called LaLa Kara no Oshirase (LaLaからのお知らせ, Information from LaLa). This series of commercials had won the Grand Prix award in the film category for "Best of Communication Media and Publication" in Ad Fest 2009. LaLa Kara no Oshirase Sui'ei Hen (LaLaからのお知らせ 水泳 篇) and LaLa Kara no Oshirase Chikyū Ondanka Hen (LaLaからのお知らせ 地球温暖化篇) had also won 2 silver medals in the same event.
The series was also named as one of the "Gold Stars" in the 2nd Ad Stars 2009 Busan International Advertising Festival.
Current serializing titles
Listed alphabetically by romanized title.
- Akagami no Shirayukihime – Sorata Akizuki
- Gakuen Babysitters – Hari Tokeino
- Natsume Yūjinchō – Yuki Midorikawa
- 4-Jigen|Yo-Jigen – Kana Niza
Past serializing titles
Listed alphabetically by romanised title.
- Aah, Itoshi no Banchō-sama – Mayu Fujikata (moved to LaLa DX)
- Aitsu – Minako Narita
- Akaku Saku Koe – Yuki Midorikawa
- Alexandrite – Minako Narita
- Alien Street – Minako Narita
- Akagami no Shirayukihime – Akizuki Sorata
- B.B Joker – Kana Niza
- Banshee – Ryōko Yamagishi
- Beauty Honey – Tomo Matsumoto
- Bijo ga Yajū – Tomo Matsumoto
- Blan-New – Yuki Nakaji
- Caramel Boy – Masami Morio
- Champagne Shower – Nami Kawami
- Chidumi to Fujiomi-kun Series – Kyōko Hikawa
- Chizu wa Iranai – Rika Yonezawa
- Chotto Edo Made – Masami Tsuda
- Chotto Ippuku – Shii Emikida
- Cipher – Minako Narita
- Colorful Box – Yuki Nakaji
- Cynical Hysteria Hour – Kiriko Kubo
- Fairy Master – Yutaka Tachibana
- Fruits Kajū 100% – Fumika Okano
- Frying Dragon – Miyao Nekoyama
- Fūin – Ryōko Yamagishi
- Funfun Factory – Yoshitomo Watanabe
- Gertrude no Recipe – Nari Kusakawa
- Gekkan 1 nen 2 kumi – Noriko Kuwata
- Greatest na Watashitachi – Megumi Wakatsuki
- Gin no Yūsha – Yoshitomo Watanabe
- Gokinjo no Hakubutsushi – Megumi Wakatsuki
- Hachiyō-san ga Iku! – Junko Kanechiku
- Hanasakeru Seishōnen – Natsumi Itsuki
- Hana ni Arashi – Shigeyoshi Takagi
- Happy Talk – Fumika Okano
- Harukanaru Toki no Naka de – Tōko Mizuno
- Hatsle de Ikou – Yuki Nakaji
- Hi Izuru Tokoro no Tenshi – Ryōko Yamagishi
- High School Aura Buster Series – Makoto Mori
- Hinata de Hirune – Asuka Sasada
- Hinoko – Masami Tsuda
- Hitomi no Naka no Oukoku – Fumika Okano
- Hitsuji-tachi wa Nani wo Mita – Masami Morio
- Ichikiyo & Chisa-hime Series – Nozomi Yanahara
- Ichimanjū-byō Monogatari – Emi Kurata
- Inner Quartet – Nami Kawami
- Inugami-kun Series – Noriko Kuwata
- Jun'ai Labyrinth – Yuki Nakaji
- Jūni Hisoku no Palette – Nari Kusakawa
- Jyōnan-Kōkō Seitokai Series – Masami Morio
- Jyu-Oh-Sei – Natsumi Itsuki
- Kaguyahime – Reiko Shimizu
- Kaichou wa Maid-Sama
- Kanata Kara – Kyōko Hikawa
- Kareshi Kanojo no Jijō – Masami Tsuda
- Kashō no Tsuki – Mari Hirai
- Katatsumuri Zensen – Kayo Fujikawa
- Kiss – Tomo Matsumoto
- Kisu Yori mo Hayaku – Meca Tanaka
- Koi ni Tsuite Katatte Miyō ka – Asuka Sasada
- Koppa-mijin no Koi – Rika Yonezawa
- Koyama-sō no Kiraware-mono – Yuki Nakaji
- Kyō mo Minna Genki Desu – Miyao Nekoyama
- La Corda d'Oro – Yuki Kure
- Last Game – Amano Shinobu
- Lion wa Okiteiru – Maki Hoshizaki
- Love Chop! – Masami Morio
- Mahō Tsukai no Sid&Rido Series – Kiki
- Mari to Shingo – Toshie Kihara
- Mekakushi no Kuni – Sakura Tsukuba
- MeruPuri: Märchen Prince – Matsuri Hino
- Meteor Prince – Meca Tanaka
- Mikan – Enikki – Miwa Abiko
- Miki&Yūti – Minako Narita
- Miriam & Douglas Series – Kyōko Hikawa
- Mishōnen Produce – Kaoru Ichinose
- Momoko Manual – Yutaka Tachibana
- Moon Drop Chō no Kashikoi Usagi-san – Hiroko Shibata
- Mushi Series – Takako Yamazaki
- Muteki no Venus – Rika Yonezawa
- Nankin Road ni Hana Fubuki – Kumi Morikawa
- Natural – Minako Narita
- Network Pot-pourri – Nozomi Yanahara
- Ou-sama Game – Tōko Mizuno
- Oiran Girl – Wataru Hibiki
- Okojo-san – Ayumi Uno
- Omake no Kobayashi-kun – Masami Morio
- Onī-chan to Issho – Hari Tokeino
- Omukae desu. – Meca Tanaka
- Osoroshikute Ienai – Noriko Kuwata
- Oz – Natsumi Itsuki
- Ouran High School Host Club – Bisco Hatori
- Panorama de Koi wo Shiyō – Masami Morio
- Tennen Pāru Pinku – Meca Tanaka
- Penguin Kakumei – Sakura Tsukuba
- Ppoi! – Takako Yamazaki (moved to Melody in 2001)
- Sabaku No Harem – Yumeki Mitsuru
- Sailor Fuku ni Onegai! – Meca Tanaka
- Seishun Kōryakubon – Sorata Akizuki
- Sennen no Yuki – Bisco Hatori
- Shinigami no Ballad – Asuka Izumi
- Sakura no Sono – Akimi Yoshida
- Shinobu & Tamao Series – Rika Yonezawa
- Shiranai Kuni no Monogatari – Natsuna Kawase
- So What? – Megumi Wakatsuki
- Strawberry Chocolate – Asuka Sasada
- Taiyō no Shita de Matteru – Fumika Okano
- Takkyū Sentai Pinpon 5 – Noriko Kuwata
- Tasogare City Graffiti – Maki Hoshizaki
- Tonari no Double – Yuki Nakaji
- Tonari wa Scramble – Yuki Nakaji
- Toraware no Mi no Ue – Matsuri Hino
- Toshokan Sensō Love&War – Kiiro Yumi
- Tsuki wa Higashi ni Hi wa Nishi ni – Megumi Wakatsuki
- Tsuki no Ko – Reiko Shimizu
- Wanted – Matsuri Hino
- Wakana & Yukarino Series – Takako Yamazaki
- Warau Kanoko-sama – Ririko Tsujita
- Wata no Kuni Hoshi – Yumiko Ōshima
- With!! – Ken Saitō
- Yakumo Tatsu – Natsumi Itsuki
- Yome Shūtome Kyōshitsu – Kikuzō Kashiwaya
- Yuki wa Jigoku ni Ochiru no Ka – Hiro Fujiwara
- Yūsei no Fūru – Yuki Kure
- Zig☆Zag – Yuki Nakaji
- "Girl's Manga" (in Japanese). Japanese Magazine Publishers Association. September 2016. Retrieved November 6, 2016.
- 意外!?女のコが一番好きなコミック誌は｢週刊少年ジャンプ｣! (in Japanese). Oricon. Archived from the original on April 10, 2006. Retrieved October 17, 2009.
- "Weekly Shōnen Jump Top Anthology with Girls". Anime News Network. Retrieved October 17, 2009.
- "JMPA読者構成データ - LaLa" (PDF) (in Japanese). Japanese Magazine Publishers' Association. Retrieved August 14, 2009.
- "テレビアニメ『夏目友人帳』の製作発表会リポート【PV場面カットも公開】 - ファミ通.com" (in Japanese). Famitsu. Retrieved February 2, 2010.
- "国立国会図書館 NDL-OPAC(書誌 詳細表示 ) - 別冊LaLa : 別冊ララ" (in Japanese). National Diet Library. Retrieved January 29, 2010.
- "国立国会図書館 NDL-OPAC(書誌 詳細表示 ) - 別冊LaLa" (in Japanese). National Diet Library. Retrieved January 29, 2010.
- "国立国会図書館 NDL-OPAC(書誌 詳細表示 ) - My LaLa" (in Japanese). National Diet Library. Retrieved January 29, 2010.
- "国立国会図書館 NDL-OPAC(書誌 詳細表示 ) - Wendy : Lalaスペシャル" (in Japanese). National Diet Library. Retrieved January 29, 2010.
- "国立国会図書館 NDL-OPAC(書誌 詳細表示 ) - Cindy : Lalaスペシャル" (in Japanese). National Diet Library. Retrieved January 29, 2010.
- イー･スピリット キャスティング受賞作品集 キャスティング・広告制作・ホームページ制作・キャンペーン (in Japanese). E-Spirit. Archived from the original on April 19, 2010. Retrieved January 28, 2010. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- アサツー ディ・ケイ、第12回｢アジア太平洋広告祭(アド・フェスト2009)｣でフィルム部門グランプリを受賞 (in Japanese). Asatsu-DK Inc. Retrieved April 22, 2015.
- "Busan Ad Stars, On Track to International Renown". Adobo/Sanserif, Inc. Archived from the original on October 4, 2009. Retrieved January 28, 2010. Cite uses deprecated parameter