La Vista, Nebraska
|La Vista, Nebraska|
Location of La Vista within Nebraska and Sarpy County
|• Total||4.28 sq mi (11.09 km2)|
|• Land||4.28 sq mi (11.09 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,109 ft (338 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||17,143|
|• Density||3,700/sq mi (1,400/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0830573|
La Vista is a suburb of Omaha, Nebraska. It is bordered by the cities of Omaha and Ralston on the north, Papillion on the south, Bellevue on the east, and Interstate 80 on the west. La Vista is Sarpy County's third largest city, after Bellevue and Papillion, the county seat.
La Vista had its start in the year 1959 when it was built up by a property developer.
La Vista is located at (41.184344, -96.039441).
The nearest hospital is Midlands Hospital (3.4 miles) located in Papillion, Nebraska. Papillion is also the location of the county courthouse.
|U.S. Decennial Census
As of the census of 2010, there were 15,758 people, 6,419 households, and 4,058 families residing in the city. The population density was 3,681.8 inhabitants per square mile (1,421.6/km2). There were 6,670 housing units at an average density of 1,558.4 per square mile (601.7/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 86.9% White, 3.9% African American, 0.4% Native American, 3.2% Asian, 0.1% Pacific Islander, 2.6% from other races, and 2.8% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 6.5% of the population.
There were 6,419 households of which 34.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 45.7% were married couples living together, 12.9% had a female householder with no husband present, 4.6% had a male householder with no wife present, and 36.8% were non-families. 28.7% of all households were made up of individuals and 5.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.45 and the average family size was 3.06.
The median age in the city was 32.1 years. 25.9% of residents were under the age of 18; 10.3% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 31.7% were from 25 to 44; 24.6% were from 45 to 64; and 7.5% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the city was 48.3% male and 51.7% female.
As of the census of 2000, there were 11,699 people, 4,404 households, and 3,131 families residing in the city. The population density was 4,114.8 people per square mile (1,590.5/km²). There were 4,511 housing units at an average density of 1,586.6/sq mi (613.3/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 90.45% White, 2.94% African American, 0.39% Native American, 2.35% Asian, 0.10% Pacific Islander, 1.62% from other races, and 2.14% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 4.15% of the population.
There were 4,404 households out of which 40.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 52.5% were married couples living together, 14.9% had a female householder with no husband present, and 28.9% were non-families. 21.4% of all households were made up of individuals and 3.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.66 and the average family size was 3.13.
In the city, the population was spread out with 29.8% under the age of 18, 10.4% from 18 to 24, 36.4% from 25 to 44, 18.9% from 45 to 64, and 4.5% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 30 years. For every 100 females there were 94.6 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 89.6 males.
As of 2000 the median income for a household in the city was $47,280, and the median income for a family was $52,819. Males had a median income of $34,732 versus $25,076 for females. The per capita income for the city was $19,612. About 4.4% of families and 5.7% of the population were below the poverty line, including 7.9% of those under age 18 and 3.1% of those age 65 or over.
- Portal Elementary, 9920 Brentwood Drive
- Parkview Heights Elementary, 7609 South 89th Street
- La Vista West Elementary, 7821 Terry Drive
- G. Stanley Hall Elementary, 7600 South 72nd Street
Grades 7-8 La Vista Junior High is located at 7900 Edgewood Blvd
- "US Gazetteer files 2010". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2012-01-24. Retrieved 2012-06-24.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2012-06-24.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "La Vista, Sarpy County". Center for Advanced Land Management Information Technologies. University of Nebraska. Retrieved 23 August 2014.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- United States Census Bureau. "Census of Population and Housing". Retrieved June 19, 2013.
- "Population Estimates". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2014-05-22. Retrieved 2014-07-15.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to La Vista, Nebraska.|