La que no podía amar
|La que no podía amar|
|Created by||Ximena Suárez|
|Story by||Delia Fiallo|
|Creative director(s)||Sandra Cortés|
|Theme music composer||Reyli Barba|
|Opening theme||"Te dejaré de amar" performed by Reyli|
|Country of origin||Mexico|
|No. of episodes||166|
|Executive producer(s)||José Alberto Castro|
|Original network||Canal de las Estrellas|
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i|
|Audio format||Stereophonic sound|
|Original release||August 1, 2011 –|
March 18, 2012
|Preceded by||La fuerza del destino|
|Followed by||Amor bravío|
La que no podía amar (The One Who Couldn't Love) is a Mexican telenovela produced by José Alberto Castro for Televisa. Ximena Suarez wrote the script based on the original story by Delia Fiallo. The cast was headed by Jorge Salinas, José Ron and Ana Brenda Contreras as the main protagonists, While Susana González, Julián Gil, Fabian Robles, Ana Bertha Espín and Mar Contreras as the main antagonists. It is a remake of Delia Fiallo's original radio novela, La Mujer Que No Podia Amar. The previous television versions were Monte Calvario (Edith González, Arturo Peniche and José Alonso) and Te sigo amando (Claudia Ramírez, Luis José Santander and Sergio Goyri). La que no podía amar won 2 awards in Premios TVyNovelas, for Best Lead Actor, and Best Supporting Actor.
Ana Paula lives in Chiapas where she is studying nursing; her devotion for sick people came up while she took care of her ill mother throughout her long agony. When she was about to graduate, she met Bruno, Rogelio Montero's lawyer. Bruno offered her a job nursing his boss who became paralytic and got stuck in a wheel chair after having an accident. The pay is good so she takes the job in order to financially support her aunt Rosaura, who has been like a mother to her and her brother Miguel ever since they were kids.
Ana Paula arrives in "La Hacienda Del Fuerte” to look after Rogelio and she is surprised to learn that he is a bitter, resentful man mostly because Vanessa, his shallow former fiancée, left him after the accident.
In the hacienda also lives Cynthia, Rogelio's sister, who is in fact kept there by her brother since he forced her to stay and take care of him in exchange for keeping the lifestyle she is used to have. To avoid boredom, she began an affair with Efraín, the Hacienda's foreman; he actually falls in love with her, but she is only using him for fun. With them also lives their nanny, María, who has always acted as a loving mother to Rogelio and Cynthia, and who is not able to ever leave them.
Rogelio's arrogance and bad mood make it very difficult for Ana Paula to work with him, so one day she decides to quit. She has an accident in the river and she is rescued by Gustavo Durán, a handsome and good hearted engineer. They fall in love but their plans are frustrated when Gustavo has an accident. Gustavo's father, who is also named Gustavo, dies. And Ana Paula believes Gustavo, her boyfriend is dead instead of Gustavo's father.
Rogelio has also fallen in love with Ana Paula. He sends Bruno to look for her and ask her to come back to the hacienda as his nurse and offers triple the pay. At first she refuses, but afterwards, when Miguel is blamed for crashing a truck in which he loses three of his right hand's fingers and two pedestrians are injured and later die, it could send him to jail for life. Rogelio offers to help pay all the surgery and medical bills as well as the legal fees, which amounts to two million pesos, if Ana Paula agrees to his marriage proposal. She accepts the male the sacrifice in order to help her brother, so she marries Rogelio and signs a prenuptial contract for one-year marriage with the promise that Rogelio helps Ana Paula's family and in return she keeps him company and be the señora Montero.
Gustavo comes back looking for Ana Paula but Rosaura, considering the marriage of her niece with Rogelio as the solution to all her financial problems, decides to lie to Gustavo, telling him that Ana Paula is not interested in him anymore. Gustavo feels disappointed and decides to forget her.
After returning to the Hacienda, the life of Ana Paula as Rogelio's wife is a living hell, one she had never imagined. She will have to deal with Cynthia's humiliations and envy; she will also have to manage her brother's problems, as well as Bruno and Rosaura's greed. Although, as time passes and Rogelio's cold and harsh demeanor began to change so do Ana Paula's feelings for Rogelio. And on top of that, she will meet again with Gustavo, the love of her life, knowing that perhaps, he may never be for her...
- Jorge Salinas as Rogelio Montero
- José Ron as Gustavo Durán
- Susana González as Cynthia Montero Báez
- Ana Brenda Contreras as Ana Paula Carmona
- Ana Martín as María
- Ana Bertha Espín as Rosaura Flores Nava
- Ingrid Martz as Dany
- Julián Gil as Bruno Rey
- Fabián Robles as Efraín Ríos
- Paty Díaz as Macaria
- Osvaldo Benavides as Miguel Carmona
- Mar Contreras as Vanesa Galván
- Alejandro Ávila as Ernesto
- Marco Méndez as Esteban
- Michelle Ramaglia as Consuelo Herrera
- Anaís as Mercedes Durán
- Germán Gutiérrez as Ulises
- Adanely Núñez as Carmen
- Ignacio López Tarso as Fermín
- Jorge Aravena as David
- Elizabeth Dupeyrón as Elsa de Galván
- Humberto Elizondo as Federico Galván
- Javier Ruán as Máximo
- Polly as Helena
- Elena Torres as Rocío
- Mário del Río as Juan
- Ricardo Mendoza as El Coyote
- Uriel del Toro as Hugo
- Tania Lizardo as Maripaz
Broadcasts in México and United States
From August 1, 2011 to March 2, 2012, Canal de las Estrellas started broadcasting La que no podía amar weeknights at 7:15pm, replacing La fuerza del destino. From March 5 to March 16, 2012, Canal de las Estrellas aired half-hour episodes of Amor Bravío at 8pm after La que no podia amar. The last episode was broadcast on March 18, 2012, with Amor Bravío replacing it the following day.
Univision confirmed a prime time broadcast on November 11, 2011. From January 2 to February 3, 2012, Univision aired La que no podía amar weeknights at 9pm/8c, replacing La fuerza del destino. On February 6, Univision started broadcasting La que no podía amar weeknights at 10pm/9c, as part of their prime-time programming changes. The last episode was broadcast on August 10, with Amor Bravío replacing it on August 13.
|# Ep.||Premiere||Finale||TV Season|
Awards and nominations
|2012||People en Español Awards|
|Best Telenovela of the Year||José Alberto Castro||Won|
|Best Actress||Ana Brenda Contreras||Nominated|
|Best Actor||Jorge Salinas||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actress||Susana Gonzalez||Won|
|Best Supporting Actor||José Ron||Nominated|
|Best Female Villain||Ana Bertha Espin||Nominated|
|Best Male Villain||Julián Gil||Nominated|
|Best Couple||Ana Brenda Contreras and Jorge Salinas||Won|
|Best Telenovela||La que no podía amar||Nominated|
|Best Lead Actress||Ana Brenda Contreras||Nominated|
|Best Lead Actor||Jorge Salinas||Won|
|Best First Actress||Ana Bertha Espin||Nominated|
|Best Co-star Actor||José Ron||Won|
|Best Musical Theme||"Te dejaré de amar" by Reyli||Nominated|
|Best Original Story or Adaptation||La que no podía amar||Nominated|
- Univision Television Network. "Univision Presents a Tale of Unrequited Love, Betrayal and Triumph with the Premiere of "La Que No Podía Amar'". corporate.univision.com. Retrieved August 12, 2014.[permanent dead link]
- Bárbara Morán. "Lista de ganadores de los Premios TVyNovelas 2012" (in Spanish). entretenimiento.starmedia.com. Retrieved August 12, 2014.
- Chrystian Galicia. "Descubre a los ganadores de los 'Premios TVyNovelas 2012'" (in Spanish). Televisa.com. Retrieved August 12, 2014.
- Cirze Tinajero and Arturo Perea. "'La que No Podía Amar' regresa a la pantalla por tercera vez" (in Spanish). entretenimiento.terra.com.mx. Retrieved August 12, 2014.
- Tania Caballero. "Gran final de 'La fuerza del destino' por Televisa.com" (in Spanish). televisa.esmas.com. Retrieved August 12, 2014.
- Ashbya Meré. "'La que no podía amar' compartirá horario" (in Spanish). televisa.esmas.com. Retrieved August 12, 2014.
- Liliana García. "Comienzan la faena; hoy se estrena 'Amor Bravío'" (in Spanish). zocalo.com.mx. Retrieved August 12, 2014.
- Doña Maruja. "La que no podía amar :¿te gustó Ana Paula?" (in Spanish). novelasyseries.univision.com. Retrieved August 12, 2014.
- María Elena Venant. "Llega "La que no podía amar" a Univision" (in Spanish). novelasyseries.univision.com. Retrieved August 12, 2014.
- "Univision te da más de lo que quieres ver" (in Spanish). Univision.com. Retrieved August 12, 2014.
- "Avance del capítulo 152 de La Que No Podía Amar: "Te voy a pelear lo que me corresponde" (in Spanish). Univision.com. Retrieved August 12, 2014.
- Bill Gorman. "Premiere Of "La Que No Podia Amar" Delivers 4.1 Million Viewers For Univision". tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. Retrieved August 12, 2014.
- Amanda Kondolojy. "Univision Reaches 8 Million Viewers with Finale of 'La Que No Podia Amar' and Outperforms ABC, CBS, and FOX". tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. Retrieved August 12, 2014.
- "La que no podia Amar gran estreno rating". novelalounge.com. Retrieved November 20, 2015.
- "La que no podia Amar gran final rating". novelalounge.com (in Spanish). Retrieved November 20, 2015.