Lance Kerwin, 1977, in James at 15)
|Spouse(s)||Yvonne Kerwin (2000-present)|
Lance Kerwin (born November 6, 1960) is a former American actor, known primarily for roles in television and film during his childhood and teen years in the 1970s. He played lead roles in the TV series James at 15, and the made-for-TV films The Loneliest Runner and Salem's Lot.
Early life and career
He was raised in Lake Elsinore, California. Kerwin's father was an acting coach, who brought home scripts for his son to read. His mother was also a performer and later, a talent agent. He is the youngest of five brothers. His brother Shane was his stand-in.
In the 1970s, Kerwin appeared in a number of made-for-TV movies and series. He was, said former theater critic and British Film Institute governor John Holmstrom, "probably America's leading boy actor of the late Seventies ... a handsome teenager ... [with] considerable sensitivity as an actor". His serious acting roles often portrayed anguished characters facing difficult challenges, such as in The Loneliest Runner, The Boy Who Drank Too Much, and Children of Divorce.
Kerwin has a daughter, Savanah Paige, with Kristen Lansdale and four children with his wife Yvonne: daughters Trinity, Terah, and Kailani, and son Justus Joe. He gave up acting in the mid-1990s and worked as a minister with U-Turn For Christ in Kaua'i, Hawaii."
In July 2010, Kerwin and his wife Yvonne pled guilty to falsifying documents to obtain state medical assistance in Hawaii. Kerwin was sentenced to five years of probation and 300 hours of community service. Kerwin publicly apologized.
- Emergency! (1973, TV Series) - Wheeler Boy
- The Healers (1974, TV Movie) - Kennedy Brown
- Little House On The Prairie (1974, TV Series) - Danny Peters
- Shazam! (1974 TV Series) - Season 1 Episode 2 - Chad Martin
- The Greatest Gift (1974, TV Movie) - Ramey Holvak
- Reflections of Murder (1974, TV Movie) - Chip
- The Meanest Men in the West aka Bad Men of the West (1974, TV Series)
- ABC Afterschool Specials (1974-1976, TV Series) - P.J. / The President's Son / Buzz / Peter Finley / Adam Rush / Ezzie
- Gunsmoke (1975, TV Series) - Tommy Harker
- Escape to Witch Mountain (1975) - Boy in Blue-Striped Shirt (uncredited)
- The Family Holvak (1975, TV Series) - Ramey Holvak
- Sara (1976, TV Series) - Derek
- Amelia Earhart (1976, TV Movie) - David Putnam
- The Loneliest Runner (1976, TV Movie) - John Curtis as a Youth
- The Death of Richie (1977, TV Movie) - Russell Werner
- Wonder Woman (1977, TV Series) - Jeff Hadley
- The Bionic Woman (1977, TV Series) - Prince Ishmail
- Cheering Section (1977) - Bob
- Young Joe, the Forgotten Kennedy (1977, TV Movie) - Joe, Jr. (age 14)
- James at 15 (1977-1978, TV Series) - James Hunter
- The Busters (1978, TV Movie)
- Salem's Lot (1979, TV Movie) - Mark Petrie
- Once Upon a Midnight Scary (1979, TV Series)
- The Boy Who Drank Too Much (1980, TV Movie) - Billy Carpenter
- Children of Divorce (1980, TV Movie) - Tony Malik
- Side Show (1981, TV Movie) - Nick Pallas
- Advice to the Lovelorn (1981, TV Movie) - Larry Ames
- CBS Schoolbreak Special (1982, TV Series) - Billy Lee Daniels
- The Mysterious Stranger (1982, TV Movie) - #44
- Trapper John, MD (1982-1985, TV Series) - Gary Gordon / 42
- A Killer in the Family (1983, TV Movie) - Ray Tison
- Faerie Tale Theatre: The Snow Queen (1985, TV Series) - Kay
- The Fourth Wise Man (1985, TV Movie) - Passhur
- Enemy Mine (1985) - Wooster
- Murder She Wrote (1989, TV Series) - Eddie Frayne
- Final Verdict (1991, TV Movie) - Harry Johnson
- Outbreak (1995) - American Mercenary (final film role)
- The Guide to United States Popular Culture - Google Books
- "Lance is 'Off And-Running" The Robesonian (Lumberton, N.C.) January 15, 1977 p. 10.
- The Instructor ... - Google Books
- Holmstrom, John (1996). The Moving Picture Boy: An International Encyclopaedia from 1895 to 1995. Norwich, UK: Michael Russell. pp. 328–329. ISBN 0859551784.
- "Former 'James at 15' star Lance Kerwin sentenced". huffingtonpost.com.