Still from music video "Love Delirium"
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, bass|
|Labels||Delvian Records (2005-2011)|
|Associated acts||Mortal Loom|
Latent Anxiety is an American electronic alternative rock solo music project with crossover abilities from Los Angeles, California, United States founded in 2001 by the music producer, songwriter and musician Ilja Rosendahl (vocals, guitars, bass) who is also known as a film producer and actor.
As to the music project's name Ilja states: "There are two reasons why I chose Latent Anxiety as the name for my music project: Firstly, the initials correspond to the city of Los Angeles where the project was founded in 2001. And secondly, most of my lyrics deal with problems in modern society, such as the growing worry about the future, which is also expressed in the naming of the Latent Anxiety albums."
Style and Influences
In a 2009 interview the Grave Concerns Ezine says: "Ilja Rosendahl creates his own unique style of industrial and gothic music. He reaches further and deeper electronically with his haunting vocals and artistic melodies. His videos are rich with imagination and full of deeper meanings."
Ilja describes the musical style of Latent Anxiety as: "...a crossover of dark wave, industrial and gothic themes with infusions of rock, pop and dance, which has been classified as Electronic Alternative Rock (EAR), an intention to define own boundaries and to reach out for a broader range of listeners. Latent Anxiety's musical style has been and is still being developed and I think that with every new album I'm getting closer to the essence of what I would like to present...Some of my music was inspired by movies or books. With Galley I tried to translate the visual impression of the movie 300 into music, Psycho Discrace was triggered by the movie Silence of the Lambs and Red Death is derived from a short story by Edgar Allan Poe...They (the songs) deal with life experiences and impressions in combination with fantasy, imagination or historical events." "People say that Latent Anxiety has an innovative and sometimes experimental approach. I think it’s a fusion of different styles, hence Electronic Alternative Rock (EAR)...The concept of Latent Anxiety is to combine hard drums with edgy guitars, melodic synths and dark vocals."
Latent Anxiety songs were compared to other musical groups by the Music Street magazine stating "This has that Kraftwerk meets Rammstein approach." and "This is a hard-edged jam that's really almost like a techno version of Judas Priest."
|2010||This Vastness||Mortal Loom||Vocals, guitars|
Awards and Nominations
|2011||eWorld Music Awards 2010, fka Hollywood Music Awards||Won|
|2010||eWorld Music Awards 2010, fka Hollywood Music Awards||Nominated|
|2009||Equinox I Music Video and Audio Contest||Won|
|2005-2009||Song Of The Year Song & Lyric Writing Competition (several awards)||Won|
- Henderson, Alex, "Latent Anxiety "Perception" Review", AllMusic.com, Rovi Corporation, retrieved 20 March 2011
- Grothaus, Kai. "Review: Latent Anxiety "Reaction"". Dark Spy Magazine (in German). Vol. 5-2008 no. 26 November/December. Dark Spy Magazine.
- "Latent Anxiety – Interview / Independent Music Awards". Resource Music Group.
- "Latent Anxiety – Celebrity Link". NetVision. Archived from the original on 2011-07-08.
- "Latent Anxiety – Last FM". Last.fm.
- "Ilja Rosendahl on the IMDb". IMDb.com, Inc.
- Schwarz, Jan. "Latent Anxiety - Reaktionen am Puls der latenten Angst / Interview". Sonic Seducer. No. 02/2009. Thomas Vogel Musikzeitschriftenverlag.
- "Latent Anxiety – Interview / Grave Concerns Ezine". Grave Concerns Ezine.
- "Latent Anxiety – Reaction / Review". Music Street magazine.
- "Latent Anxiety – Sensation / Review". Music Street magazine.
- Schwarz, Jan (December 2008). "Latent Anxiety "Reaction" Review". Sonic Seducer Musikmagazin: Gothic, Wave, EBM / Electro & Alternative (in German). No. 12/2008 - 01/2009. Thomas Vogel Media e.K. Archived from the original on 19 July 2011. Retrieved 25 February 2001.
- "Mortal Loom News". Mortal Loom. Archived from the original on 2002-06-02.
- "Latent Anxiety Official Website". Latent Anxiety.
- "Latent Anxiety – NME". IPC Media.
- "Latent Anxiety – Artistdirect.com". Rogue Digital.
- "eWorld Music Awards 2011". eWorld Media. Archived from the original on 2014-08-12.
- "eWorld Music Awards 2010". eWorld Media. Archived from the original on 2014-08-12.
- "Equinox I Music Video and Audio Contest". AK Music Video. Archived from the original on 2012-03-26.
- "Latent Anxiety - Song of the Year Awards". Song of the Year Song & Lyric Writing Competition.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Latent Anxiety.|
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Latent Anxiety|