Laurence M. Larson
Laurence Marcellus Larson (September 23, 1868 – March 9, 1938) was a Norwegian born, American educator, historian, writer and translator. His notable works included his translation from Old Norse of Konungs skuggsjá .  
Laurence Larson was born at Bergen in Hordaland, Norway. He was the son of Christian Spjutoy Larson (1840-1919) and Ellen Mathilde (Bruland) Larson (1839-1916). He emigrated to the United States with his family in May 1870. He studied at Drake University and the University of Wisconsin–Madison. Larson was appointed to the UW faculty as a Scandinavian languages and history professor on April 17, 1906, but resigned later that year, on June 27. He joined the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 1907 and became history department chair in 1923. Larson continued teaching at UIUC until his September 1937 retirement.
Larson was named a trustee of the Illinois State Historical Library in 1923. He was elected to the presidency of the American Historical Association in 1938, but died of acute bronchitis in Urbana, Illinois, aged 69, before completing his term.
- The Federal Compact of 1787 (1900)
- The King's Household in England Before the Norman Conquest (1904)
- A Financial and Administrative History of Milwaukee (1908)
- Canute the Great the Rise of Danish Imperialism during the Viking Age (1912)
- A Short History of England and the British Empire (1915)
- The King’s Mirror (1917)
- The Responsibility for the Great War (1918)
- The Earliest Norwegian Laws: Being the Gulathing Law and the Frostathing Law (1935)
- The Changing West: And Other Essays (1937)
- The Log Book of a Young Immigrant (1939)
- Theodore C. Pease (September 1938). "Laurence Marcellus Larson 1868-1938". Journal of the Illinois State Historical Society Vol. 31, No. 3 pp. 245-261. JSTOR 40187533. Missing or empty
- "The King's Mirror (Speculum regale-Konungs skuggsjá) translated from the old Norwegian by Laurence Marcellus Larson". Open Library. Retrieved November 17, 2015.
- "Laurence M. Larson Papers, 1876-1938". University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Retrieved August 16, 2015.
- "Progress of the University". Wisconsin Alumni Magazine. 8 (1): 307, 358. 1906.
- "Laurence M. Larson, retired professor served 30 years at Illinois University". New York Times. March 10, 1938. Retrieved August 16, 2015. (Subscription required (help)). Cite uses deprecated parameter
- John Mark Ockerbloom. "Online Books by Laurence Marcellus Larson". The Online Books Page. Retrieved November 17, 2015.
- Larson, Laurence Marcellus (1939) The Log Book of a Young Immigrant (Norwegian-American Historical Association)
- Laurence M. Larson Papers, 1876-1938 | University of Illinois Archives
- "Larson, Laurence M. Obituary". Wisconsin Historical Society. Retrieved August 16, 2015.
- The King's Mirror (Speculum regale-Konungs skuggsjá) translated from Old Norse by Laurence Marcellus Larson