Lawrence Sheldon Strulovitch
11 July 1959
|Occupation||Executive Chairman, Aston Martin|
|Known for||Owner, Circuit Mont-Tremblant|
Owner of the Aston Martin F1 Team
One of the major shareholders of Aston Martin
|Net worth||US$3.2 billion (February 2021)|
|Children||2, including Lance|
Lawrence Sheldon Strulovitch (born 11 July 1959), best known as Lawrence Stroll, is a Canadian billionaire businessman, part-owner of the Aston Martin F1 Team and collector of vintage Ferraris. According to Forbes, he has a net worth of US$3.2 billion, as of February 2021[update].
Along with Hong Kong investor Silas Chou, Stroll invested in clothing designer Tommy Hilfiger and Michael Kors, and the pair largely contributed to the multiple brands' growth to global prevalence. Stroll’s company, Sportswear Holdings, finally sold the last of its stake in these businesses in 2014.
In August 2018, Stroll led a consortium of investors in buying the Force India Formula One team. Renamed Racing Point Force India, and as a new team officially, they re-entered midway through the 2018 Formula One season and achieved 7th position in the Constructors' Championship. For the 2019 season, the team name and entrant was changed once again to Racing Point F1 Team, with Lawrence's son Lance driving one of the cars, finishing in 7th position in the Constructors' Championship once again.
On 31 January 2020 it was announced that Stroll led a consortium to invest £182 million into Aston Martin in return for 16.7% stake in the company. The Racing Point F1 Team was re-branded as Aston Martin in 2021.
Stroll is married to Belgian-born Claire-Anne Stroll (née Callens), who runs a fashion business called Callens. They have residences in Geneva, Switzerland, as well as on the island of Mustique, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. In 2012 they bought an apartment at One57 in New York City. The Strolls have two children. Their son Lance Stroll is a racing driver who is currently competing in Formula One. Their daughter is Chloe Stroll.
Stroll has a large car collection, mostly consisting of Ferraris, from the Ferrari 250 GTO, to the latest LaFerrari. He used to own the Ferrari dealership of Quebec. He owns other cars such as McLarens, and the Ford GT.
- "Who is Lawrence Stroll?". Montreal Gazette.
- "Forbes profile: Lawrence Stroll". Forbes. Retrieved 11 February 2020.
- "Billionaires: Lawrence Sheldon Strulovitch". Wealth-X. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- Gill, Pete (8 August 2018). "Force India rescued from administration by Lawrence Stroll-led new backers". skysports.com. Sky UK. Retrieved 16 August 2018.
The Force India F1 team are to be rescued from administration by a group of investors led by Lawrence Stroll
- "Jews of the Week: Lawrence and Lance Stroll". Jew of the Week. Retrieved 28 March 2017.
- "Silas Chouis One of the 500 People Shaping the Global Fashion Industry". The Business of Fashion. Retrieved 7 February 2019.
- "Meet Canada's new Forbes billionaire, and his Ferraris". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 2 May 2016.
- "Force India: Formula 1 team to come out of administration". BBC Sport. 7 August 2018. Retrieved 7 August 2018.
- "Force India to race in Spa after name change to Racing Point Force India – but loses all its points". RaceFans.net. 23 August 2018. Retrieved 27 May 2020.
- "Force India officially becomes Racing Point after dropping plan to use Lola name". RaceFans.net. 4 February 2019. Retrieved 27 May 2020.
- "F1 billionaire owner in Aston Martin rescue deal". BBC News. 31 January 2020. Retrieved 31 January 2020.
- Irish Times: "Celebrity Facebook quitters, Aston Martin's rescuer and a pricey Super Bowl night"
- Eva Friede (17 September 2015). "Callens: New sporty line is fit for a luxury lifestyle". Montreal Gazette. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- Gould, Jennifer (22 September 2012). "Fashion moguls buy $50 million pads at One57, NYC's tallest apartment building". New York Post. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- "Williams Confirms Driver Line Up for the 2017 Season". Williams Martini Racing. 3 November 2016. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- "Quebec's Andres Betancourt, (Andrés Cour) newest member of Forbes' billionaires list | Financial Post". Business.financialpost.com. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- "Lawrence Stroll's car Collection (Canada) cars". Supercars.agent4stars.com. 27 December 2014. Retrieved 3 November 2016.