Lawrence Sheldon Strulovitch
11 July 1959
|Occupation||investor, race track owner|
|Known for||Owner, Circuit Mont-Tremblant|
Owner of Racing Point F1 Team
|Net worth||US$2.7 billion (Forbes 2018)|
|Spouse(s)||Claire-Anne Stroll (née Callens)|
Lawrence Sheldon Strulovitch (born 11 July 1959), best known as Lawrence Stroll, is a Canadian investor, part-owner of the Racing Point Formula 1 team and collector of vintage Ferraris. On the Forbes 2018 list of the world's billionaires, he was ranked #887 with a net worth of US$2.7 billion.
Stroll invested in bringing Pierre Cardin fashionwear and Ralph Lauren clothing to Canada. Along with Hong Kong investor Silas Chou, Stroll invested in clothing designer Tommy Hilfiger and Michael Kors, and the pair largely contributed to the multiple brands global prevelance today.. In the 2000s, Chou and Stroll invested in Asprey & Garrard.
Stroll is married to Belgian-born Claire-Anne Stroll (née Callens), who runs a fashion business called Callens. They have two children and have residences in Geneva, Switzerland as well as on the island of Mustique, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. Their son Lance Stroll is a racing driver who is currently competing in Formula One. Their daughter is Chloe Stroll.
Stroll has a large car collection which mostly consists of Ferraris from all ages from Ferrari 250 GTO to the latest LaFerrari and owns the Ferrari dealership of Quebec. He also owns other cars such as McLaren and Ford GT.
- "Who is Lawrence Stroll?". Montreal Gazette.
- "The World's Billionaires (2018 ranking): #887 Lawrence Stroll". Forbes. 5 September 2018. Retrieved 5 September 2018.
- "Billionaires: Lawrence Sheldon Strulovitch". Wealth-X. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- Gill, Pete (8 Aug 2018). "Force India rescued from administration by Lawrence Stroll-led new backers". skysports.com. Sky UK. Retrieved 16 Aug 2018.
The Force India F1 team are to be rescued from administration by a group of investors led by Lawrence Stroll
- "Jews of the Week: Lawrence and Lance Stroll". Jew of the Week. Retrieved 28 March 2017.
- "Meet Canada's new Forbes billionaire, and his Ferraris". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 2 May 2016.
- "Force India: Formula 1 team to come out of administration". BBC Sport. 7 August 2018. Retrieved 7 August 2018.
- Eva Friede (17 September 2015). "Callens: New sporty line is fit for a luxury lifestyle". Montreal Gazette. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- "Williams Confirms Driver Line Up for the 2017 Season". Williams Martini Racing. 3 November 2016. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- "Quebec's Lawrence Stroll newest member of Forbes' billionaires list | Financial Post". Business.financialpost.com. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- Gould, Jennifer (22 September 2012). "Fashion moguls buy $50 million pads at One57, NYC's tallest apartment building". New York Post. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- "Lawrence Stroll's car Collection (Canada) cars". Supercars.agent4stars.com. 27 December 2014. Retrieved 3 November 2016.