Racing Point F1 Team
Racing Point F1 Team
|Team principal(s)||Otmar Szafnauer|
(Team Principal & CEO)
(Performance Engineering Director)
|Previous name||Racing Point Force India|
|2020 Formula One World Championship|
|Race drivers||11. Sergio Pérez|
18. Lance Stroll
|Engine||BWT Mercedes[note 1]|
|Formula One World Championship career|
|First entry||2019 Australian Grand Prix|
|Last entry||2019 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix|
|Engines||BWT Mercedes[note 1]|
|2019 position||7th (73 pts)|
Racing Point F1 Team, competing as SportPesa Racing Point F1 Team, and commonly known as Racing Point, is an English motor racing team and Constructor that Racing Point UK has entered into the Formula One World Championship, The team, based in Silverstone, United Kingdom, competes under a British licence.
The team was renamed in February 2019 from its previous identity of Racing Point Force India F1 Team, which used the constructor name of "Force India" for the latter half of the 2018 season. The 2019 season also saw the team branded as "SportPesa Racing Point F1 Team", acknowledging lead sponsor SportPesa, a sports betting company from Kenya. The team's car for the 2019 season, the Racing Point RP19, was announced in Toronto, Canada. The team's drivers for the 2020 season are Sergio Pérez and Lance Stroll, The team made its racing debut at the 2019 Australian Grand Prix.
In December 2018, the FIA's first release of the 2019 Formula One World Championship entry list confirmed that Racing Point UK intended to drop "Force India" from their team's name, and would contest the 2019 championship with their team renamed as "Racing Point F1 Team".
At the 2019 Belgian Grand Prix, it was confirmed that Stroll has been re-signed for 2020 and Pérez has been signed until 2022. Pérez is set to now spend at least 8 consecutive seasons with the team in total (since 2014).
Complete Formula One results
|2019||RP19||BWT Mercedes 1.6 V6 t [note 1]||P||AUS||BHR||CHN||AZE||ESP||MON||CAN||FRA||AUT||GBR||GER||HUN||BEL||ITA||SIN||RUS||JPN||MEX||USA||BRA||ABU||73||7th|
- † – The driver did not finish the Grand Prix, but was classified as he completed over 90% of the race distance.
- Racing Point use Mercedes engines. For sponsorship purposes, these engines are rebadged as "BWT Mercedes".
- "2019 FIA Formula One World Championship Entry List". Federation Internationale de l'Automobile. 14 March 2015. Retrieved 4 March 2019.
- "Checo Announced!". racingpointf1.com. SportPesa Racing Point F1 Team. Retrieved 30 August 2019.
- "Racing Point: Lance Stroll and Sergio Perez confirmed for 2020 season". 30 August 2019. Retrieved 2 September 2019 – via www.bbc.co.uk.
- "F1 - 2020 Provisional Entry List". fia.com. FIA. 30 November 2019. Retrieved 30 November 2019.
- "SportPesa Racing Point F1 Team launches in Toronto". Racing Point. 13 February 2019. Retrieved 3 March 2019.
- "Force India to be renamed Racing Point for 2019". ESPN. 1 December 2018. Retrieved 2 December 2018.
- James Gilboy. "F1: Force India Confirms Lance Stroll Will Partner Sergio Perez in 2019". The Drive. Retrieved 1 June 2019.
- "Racing Point - Seasons". www.statsf1.com. Retrieved 3 September 2019.
- "Racing Point - Grands Prix started 2019". www.statsf1.com. Retrieved 3 September 2019.