Racing Point F1 Team
|Full name||SportPesa Racing Point F1 Team|
|Team principal(s)||Otmar Szafnauer|
(Team Principal & CEO)
(Performance Engineering Director)
|Previous name||Racing Point Force India|
|2019 Formula One World Championship|
|Race drivers||11. Sergio Pérez|
18. Lance Stroll
|Engine||BWT Mercedes[note 1]|
|Formula One World Championship career|
|First entry||2019 Australian Grand Prix|
|Latest entry||2019 Chinese Grand Prix|
Racing Point F1 Team competing as SportPesa Racing Point F1 Team is the team that Racing Point UK has entered into the 2019 Formula One World Championship, using the constructor name of "Racing Point". The team, based in Silverstone, United Kingdom, competes under a British licence.
The team was renamed in February 2019 from Racing Point Force India F1 Team, which used the constructor name of Racing Point Force India for the 2018 season. The 2019 season also saw the team branded as "SportPesa Racing Point F1 Team", acknowledging lead sponsor SportPesa, a sports betting company from Kenya. The team’s car for the 2019 season, the Racing Point RP19, was announced in Toronto, Canada. The team's drivers for the 2019 season are Sergio Pérez and Lance Stroll, with the team making its racing debut at the 2019 Australian Grand Prix.
In December 2018, the FIA's first release of the 2019 Formula One World Championship entry list confirmed that Racing Point UK intended to drop "Force India" from their team's name, and would contest the 2019 championship with their team renamed as "Racing Point F1 Team".
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (April 2019)
Complete Formula One results
(key) (results in bold indicate pole position; races in italics indicate fastest lap)
|2019||RP19||BWT Mercedes 1.6 V6 t||P||AUS||BHR||CHN||AZE||ESP||MON||CAN||FRA||AUT||GBR||GER||HUN||BEL||ITA||SIN||RUS||JPN||MEX||USA||BRA||ABU||7*||8th*|
* Season still in progress.
- Racing Point F1 Team uses Mercedes M10 EQ Power+ power units. For sponsorship purposes, these engines are rebadged as "BWT Mercedes".
- "2019 FIA Formula One World Championship Entry List". Federation Internationale de l'Automobile. 14 March 2015. Retrieved 4 March 2019.
- "Sergio Perez confirmed for 2019 with Racing Point Force India". Racing Point Force India. Retrieved 18 October 2018.
- "Lance Stroll to race alongside Sergio Perez in 2019". Force India. 30 November 2018. Retrieved 30 November 2018.
- "SportPesa Racing Point F1 Team launches in Toronto". Racing Point. 13 February 2019. Retrieved 3 March 2019.
- "Force India to be renamed Racing Point for 2019". ESPN. 1 December 2018. Retrieved 2 December 2018.