|Some of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Lee Jung-shin at a fan sign event in 2014
September 15, 1991 |
Ilsan, Seoul, South Korea
|Revised Romanization||I Jeong-sin|
Lee Jung-shin (이정신, born on September 15, 1991) is a South Korean musician, singer, rapper, and actor. He is the bassist of South Korean rock band CNBLUE, which debuted in January 2010 in South Korea.
- 1 Life and career
- 2 Discography
- 3 Filmography
- 4 Awards and nominations
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Life and career
Early life and career beginning
Lee Jung-shin was born on September 15, 1991 in Seoul. His family consists of his parents and an older brother. His family lives in Ilsan, and he finished high school at Jung Bal High School in Ilsan.
Lee trained under FNC Entertainment in 2009, and in September of that year joined CNBLUE as a bassist, replacing Kwon Kwang-jin who left the band shortly after debut. Aside from being the band's bassist, he also serves as a rapper and backup vocalist. Lee is the youngest member of CNBLUE as well as the tallest, standing at 187cm.
Lee made his acting debut in 2012 KBS2 family drama Seoyoung, My Daughter. It recorded a peak viewership rating of 47.6%, making it the highest rated Korean drama of 2013. Lee garnered several "Best New Actor" nominations from local award giving bodies.
Lee was subsequently cast in supporting roles in saeguk The Blade and Petal (2013) and melodrama Temptation (2014); the latter won him his first acting award, as "Best New Rising Star" at the 3rd DramaFever Awards.
In 2015, Lee played his first leading role in the KBS2 drama special Thank You, My Son. The same year, he became a host of Mnet's M Countdown alongside Key of SHINee. He subsequently left the show in 2016.
Lee will be appearing in the upcoming historical drama, My Sassy Girl.
Lee modeled for fashion designer Song Hye-myung for his "2010 Seoul Collection". In 2011, he was picked to be a runway model for "Seoul's Fashion Walk" show, for fashion designer Song Ji-oh. Lee was supposed to be part of Men's Fashion Week 2012 in Singapore; however, due to his schedule, he was unable to attend. He was also featured as the main model in Cosmopolitan's May issue with model Choi Joon-young. In Cosmopolitan, Lee sheds his "nice guy" and clean-cut image and transforms into a bad boy. Singles' May 2012 issue also features Lee.
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Sales
||N/A||Cinderella and Four Knights OST|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart or were not released in that region.|
Songwriting and production credits
|2015||Colors||CNBLUE||"Daisy"||FNC Entertainment||Yes||—||Yes||Jung Yong-hwa|
|2012||My Husband Got a Family||KBS2||Himself (cameo)|
|Seoyoung, My Daughter||Kang Sung-jae|
|2013||The Blade and Petal||Shi-woo |
|2015||Drama Special Thank You, My Son||KBS2||Jang Shi-woo|
|The Girl Who Sees Smells||SBS||Cameo, Episode 6|
|2016||Cinderella and Four Knights||tvN||Kang Seo-woo|
|2017||My Sassy Girl||SBS||Kang Joon-young|
|2015||Shaolin Clenched Fist||SBS||Regular Cast|
|Off to Scholl||JTBC||Ep. 30-33|
|Fashion King Korea||SBS||Regular Cast|
Music video appearance
|2011||"Heart to Heart"||4Minute|
|2016||"Waiting for your love 等你爱"||Emma Wu|
Awards and nominations
|2012||KBS Drama Awards||Best New Actor||Seoyoung, My Daughter||Nominated|
|2013||6th Korea Drama Awards||Best New Actor||Nominated|
|49th Baeksang Arts Awards||Best New Actor (TV)||Nominated|
|Most Popular Actor (TV)||Nominated|
|2015||3rd DramaFever Awards||Best Rising Star||Temptation||Won|
|2016||1st Asia Artist Awards||New Actor Award||Won|
- Mark Russell (29 April 2014). K-Pop Now!: The Korean Music Revolution. Tuttle Publishing. p. 56. ISBN 978-1-4629-1411-1.
- "My Daughter Seo-yeong is the highest rated drama this year". Hancinema. 26 December 2013. Retrieved 2014-03-30.
- Grace Danbi Hong (2015-01-28). "CN Blue′s Lee Jung Shin Cast as Lead for 2-Episode KBS Drama Special". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2015-02-07.
- "키 이정신 '엠카' 새 MC 전격발탁…특별무대 첫선". Retrieved 19 March 2015.
- Vitalsign (2010-10-20). "CNBlue’s Lee Jung Shin to walk the runway for Song Hye Myung". Allkpop.com. Retrieved 2012-07-30.
- sweetrevenge (2011-03-27). "CNBLUE’s Lee Jungshin to walk the runway for ‘Seoul’s Fashion Walk’ show". Allkpop.com. Retrieved 2012-07-30.
- "[Twitter|Info] Lee Jungshin will not be attending "Men’s Fashion Week" in Singapore « CNBLUESTORM". Cnbluestorm.com. 2012-04-15. Retrieved 2012-07-30.
- alexwoojulee (2012-04-26). "CNBLUE’s Lee Jungshin transforms into a bad boy for Cosmopolitan". Allkpop.com. Retrieved 2012-07-30.
- leesa86 (2012-04-24). "CNBLUE’s Lee Jungshin looks chic and stylish for ‘Singles Magazine’". Allkpop.com. Retrieved 2012-07-30.
- Kim, JiYeon (17 September 2012). "CN Blue′s Lee Jung Shin Launches Acting Career Successfully with My Daughter Seo Young". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 28 January 2013.
- Hong, Grace Danbi (9 May 2013). "CN Blue's Lee Jung Shin Cast in New Drama with Uhm Tae Woong and Kim Ok Bin". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 2013-07-13.
- The winners of 3rd DramaFever Awards. Dramafever.com (February 06, 2015). Retrieved on February 7, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lee Jung-shin.|