Lenovo IdeaPad S12
|Media||160, 250 or 320 GB 2.5" 5,400 rpm SATA HDD at 1.5 Gb/s|
|Operating system||Windows XP with Lenovo Quick Start
Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit
|CPU||1.6 GHz Intel Atom; 1.6 GHz Via Nano|
|Memory||2 GB of PC2-5300 667 (supports up to 3GB)|
|Display||12.1" 1280×800 WXGA LED-backlit TFT LCD|
1.3 Megapixel Webcam
|Connectivity||10/100 Mbit Ethernet
802.11b/g wireless LAN
3 USB 2.0 ports
4-in-1 Flash Memory card reader
Bluetooth (Windows 7 versions only)
|Power||6-cell (5 hours)|
|Weight||3.42 pounds (1.6 kg)|
The IdeaPad S12 is a line of consumer-oriented netbook computers designed by Lenovo. It is a model in the IdeaPad series and their first netbook to have a 12" screen. The computers were put on the market in 2009 and currently come in black and white.
It contains either an Intel Atom 1.6 GHz processor or a Via Nano 1.3 GHz processor. They support 802.11 b/g wireless networking and come with three USB ports, an ExpressCard/34 expansion slot, a 4-in-1 media reader, VGA and HDMI outputs and an ethernet port. The S12 is one of the first netbooks to support nVidia's ION platform for mobile HD video playback.
The IdeaPad S12 has a base price of (USD) $449 for the Intel Atom N270 model and (USD) $429 for the Via Nano ULV 2250. It features a 12.1" 1280×800 WXGA display with a 160GB hard disk drive, which can be upgraded by removing the keyboard and 1GB DDR2 SDRAM, which is easily upgraded via a user access panel on the bottom of the netbook.
The S12 was revised on 22 October 2009 and is priced between (USD) $399 and $649. It comes with either Windows XP Home Edition or Windows 7 Home Premium, a 160–320 GB hard drive, and 1–3 GB of RAM.
- "S12 Multimedia mini". Lenovo. Retrieved 17 December 2009.
- "Lenovo IdeaPad S12(29595DU) Black Intel Atom N270(1.60GHz) 12.1" WXGA 2GB Memory 250GB HDD Netbook – Retail". newegg.com. Retrieved 17 December 2009.
- Jeffries, Charles P. (24 July 2009). "Lenovo IdeaPad S12". notebookreview.com. Retrieved 17 December 2009.
- Stein, Scott; Goldman, Joshua (24 July 2009). "Lenovo IdeaPad S12 Laptop Computer". Cnet. Retrieved 17 December 2009.
- Savov, Vladislav (19 October 2009). "Lenovo IdeaPad S12 gets ION powerup on October 22 in Japan". Engadget. Retrieved 17 December 2009.
- Murph, Darren. "Lenovo's IdeaPad S12 finally on sale with Windows 7, NVIDIA Ion". Retrieved 17 December 2009.