A Lester Award is one of a range of awards given to jockeys at an annual ceremony in Great Britain. The awards are named in honour of Lester Piggott, an eleven-time British flat racing Champion Jockey who won thirty British Classic Races from 1954 to 1992. The awards were inaugurated in 1990, and they recognise the achievements of jockeys from both flat and jump racing during the previous year.
The ceremony to present the 2012 awards took place at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, Birmingham, on 28 March 2013. The event was sponsored by Stobart. The awards ceremony had traditionally been held the night before Good Friday, a day with no racing in Great Britain, but the start of Good Friday racing in 2014 led to the event being moved to a December date, with the 2014 ceremony honouring jockeys for their achievements in 2013 and 2014.
Lady Jockey of the Year
Jockey of the Year
Lifetime Achievement Award
International Jockey of the Year
Flat Ride of the Year
- 1998: Darryll Holland on Double Trigger in the Goodwood Cup, 30 July.
- 1999: Francis Norton on She's Our Mare in the Cambridgeshire Handicap, 2 October.
- 2000: Gary Bardwell on Bangalore in the Chester Cup, 10 May.
- 2001: Steve Drowne on Harmonic Way in the Cork and Orrery Stakes, 21 June.
- 2002: Darryll Holland on Just James at Newmarket, 25 May.
- 2003: Martin Dwyer on Persian Punch in the Jockey Club Cup, 18 October.
- 2004: Paul Mulrennan on Blue Spinnaker in the Zetland Gold Cup, 31 May.
- 2005: Tony Culhane on Toss the Caber at Musselburgh, 4 July.
- 2006: Martin Dwyer on Sir Percy in the Epsom Derby, 3 June.
- 2007: Paul Hanagan on Fonthill Road at York, 13 October.
- 2008: Jim Crowley on Bulwark in the Chester Cup, 7 May.
- 2009: Tom Queally on Midday in the Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf, 6 November.
- 2010: Paul Hanagan on Opening Nite at Ayr, 17 September.
- 2011: Paul Hanagan on Barefoot Lady in the Nell Gwyn Stakes, 13 April
- 2012: Michael O'Connell on Qubuh at Hamilton Park, 6 May
- 2015: David Nolan on Rex Imperator at Doncaster, 10 September
Jump Ride of the Year
- 1998: Brian Harding on One Man in the Queen Mother Champion Chase, 18 March.
- 1999: Richard Johnson on Anzum in the Stayers' Hurdle, 18 March.
- 2000: Tony Dobbin on Master Tern in the Vincent O'Brien County Hurdle, 16 March.
- 2001: Richard Guest on Red Marauder in the Grand National, 7 April.
- 2002: Rodi Greene on Jurancon II at Uttoxeter, 21 December.
- 2003: Andrew Thornton on Kingscliff at Ascot, 22 November.
- 2004: Timmy Murphy on Stormez in the Servo Computer Services Trophy, 13 November.
- 2005: Mattie Batchelor on King Harald in the Jewson Novices' Handicap Chase, 17 March.
- 2006: Henry Oliver on Sissinghurst Storm at Chepstow, 18 April.
- 2007: Andrew Thornton on Miko de Beauchene in the Welsh National, 27 December.
- 2008: Robert Thornton on Nenuphar Collonges in the Albert Bartlett Novices' Hurdle, 14 March.
- 2009: Tony McCoy on Wichita Lineman in the William Hill Trophy, 10 March.
- 2010: Matt Crawley on Lastroseofsummer at Musselburgh, 19 November.
- 2011: Maurice Linehan on Tarvini at Huntingdon
- 2012: Tony McCoy on Synchronised in the Cheltenham Gold Cup, 16 March
- 2015: Sean Bowen on Just A Par in the Bet365 Gold Cup, 25 April
Flat Jockey Special Recognition Award
Jump Jockey Special Recognition Award