Liberty Township, Hancock County, Iowa
Location in Hancock County
|• Total||36.14 sq mi (93.61 km2)|
|• Land||36.09 sq mi (93.48 km2)|
|• Water||0.05 sq mi (0.13 km2) 0.14%|
|Elevation||1,230 ft (375 m)|
|• Density||7.6/sq mi (3/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||50423, 50438, 50449|
|GNIS feature ID||0468218|
According to the United States Census Bureau, Liberty Township covers an area of 36.14 square miles (93.61 square kilometers); of this, 36.09 square miles (93.48 square kilometers, 99.86 percent) is land and 0.05 square miles (0.13 square kilometers, 0.14 percent) is water.
- Garfield Township (north)
- Concord Township (northeast)
- Ell Township (east)
- Avery Township (southeast)
- Twin Lake Township (south)
- Amsterdam Township (southwest)
- Erin Township (west)
- Britt Township (northwest)
The township contains Liberty Cemetery.
- Belmond-Klemme Community School District
- Garner-Hayfield Community School District
- West Hancock Community School District
- Iowa's 4th congressional district
- State House District 12
- State Senate District 6
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- United States National Atlas
- United States Census Bureau American FactFinder
- History of Winnebago County and Hancock County, Iowa. Pioneer Publishing Company. 1917.
- Andrews, Clarence A. (1972). A Literary History of Iowa. University of Iowa Press. p. 79.
- History of Kossuth, Hancock, and Winnebago Counties, Iowa. Union Publishing Company. 1884. p. 710.
||Britt Township||Garfield Township||Concord Township|
|Erin Township||Ell Township|
|Amsterdam Township||Twin Lake Township||Avery Township|