Lignes Aériennes Congolaises (2005–2013)
|Parent company||Government of the Democratic Republic of the Congo|
Lignes Aériennes Congolaises (English: Congolese Airlines), also known by its acronym LAC, was an airline of the Democratic Republic of the Congo, with its head office in Kinshasa, and its central administration on the property of N'djili Airport in Kinshasa. The carrier has the latter airport as the base of its flight operations. It was liquidated in 2013.
Formed by the Government of the Democratic Republic of the Congo in 2005, it is the successor of an airline with the same name that folded in 2003, but has a different air operator's certificate. The carrier started operations in 2005 with SkyCongo aircraft flying on LAC's behalf. It was shut down in 2006, following an accident with a Convair 580, but was reactivated under a joint venture with Bravo Airlines. When this latter airline folded in 2007, LAC was idle once again. It apparently restarted operations in June 2008 , this time with chartered equipment from Air Zimbabwe.
This section's factual accuracy may be compromised due to out-of-date information. (December 2011)
The company serves the following destinations as part of its scheduled services:
Accidents and incidents
- 27 April 2006: A Convair 580F, registration ZS-SKH, that was flying a Goma–Amisi cargo service, crashed on approach to Amisi Airport, killing all eight occupants aboard.
- "Profile for: Lignes Aériennes Congolaises". AeroTransport Data Bank. 6 March 2013. Archived from the original on 6 March 2013.
- "List of airlines banned within the EU" (PDF). European Commission. 4 December 2012. Archived from the original (PDF) on 5 December 2012.
- "Contact Info Archived 23 January 2012 at the Wayback Machine." Lignes Aériennes Congolaises. Retrieved on 8 January 2012. "Siège Social: 4, avenue du Port, KINSHASA – GOMBE. République Démocratique du Congo" and "Administration centrale : Aéroport international de N’Djili"
- "RDC : un avion des Lignes Aériennes Congolaises cloué au sol" [The only aircraft of Lignes Aériennes Congolaises is grounded] (in French). 21 August 2015. Archived from the original on 27 September 2016.
- "Horaire" [Timetable] (in French). Lignes Aériennes Congolaises. Archived from the original on 8 August 2011. Retrieved 2 December 2011.
- Accident description for ZS-SKH at the Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved on 2 December 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lignes Aériennes Congolaises.|
- Lignes Aériennes Congolaises (in French)