Ligue 1 Player of the Year
The Ligue 1 Player of the Year, is an award given to the player whose performances are considered to be the best, playing in Ligue 1. The award has been presented since the 1993–94 season and the first winner of the award was Paris Saint-Germain Winger David Ginola. The current holder is Neymar, who won the award for his performances throughout the 2017–18 campaign for Paris Saint-Germain.
- Player (X) denotes the number of times a player has won the award (if more than one)
- Ligue 1 champions in the same season Clubs with this background and symbol were
This award has been presented 25 times as of 2018, with all winners being different aside from Pauleta who was the first two-time winner in 2001–02 and 2002–03, as well as the only two mulitiple time winners Eden Hazard and Zlatan Ibrahimović, who has won the award a record three times in 2012–13, 2013–14 and in 2015–16.
Breakdown of winners
|France||1993–94, 1994–95, 1995–96, 2000–01, 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09, 2014–15|
|Brazil||1996–97, 2006–07, 2017–18|
|Sweden||2012–13, 2013–14, 2015–16|
|Paris Saint-Germain||1994–95, 1995–96, 1997–98, 2012–13, 2013–14, 2015–16, 2016–17, 2017–18|
|Olympique Lyon||2004–05, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2007–08, 2009–10, 2014–15,|
|Bordeaux||1995–96, 1998–99, 2001–02, 2002–03, 2008–09|
|AS Monaco||1996–97, 1999–2000|
|Lille OSC||2010–11, 2011–12|
- "Palmares Trophées UNFP - Oscars du football - Meilleur joueur de Ligue 1 ( > Football > Trophées > Trophées UNFP - Oscars du foot) sur SportPalmares, tous les palmares du sport se trouvent ici !!". Sportpalmares.eu. Retrieved 2016-07-23.
- "Player of year Hazard chooses Manchester". Ligue1.com. 2012-05-15. Retrieved 2016-07-23.
- "Lacazette beats Ibrahimovic to Ligue 1 award". Espn Fc. 2015-05-18. Retrieved 2016-07-23.
- "Ibrahimovic named Player of the Year". Ligue1.com. Retrieved 2016-07-23.