Doe in 2014
Lindsey Takara Doe
November 24, 1981
In 2010, Doe was featured in the "Strong Woman Project", an art project at the Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library at the University of Montana. The project sought to portray diversity in the presentation of successful women.
Doe obtained her Bachelor's in Psychology in 2002 and her Master's in Health and Human Performance (with a specialty in health promotion) in 2005, both from the University of Montana. She wrote her master's thesis on the topic of people's definition of the first time they had sexual intercourse. Doe then studied sexology at the Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality, obtaining her doctorate in human sexuality in 2007.
Sex education and YouTube
In 2013, video blogging producer Hank Green partnered with Doe to create "Sexplanations", a video series explaining sexual topics. Doe and her channel have been called "a treasured presence" by Laci Green, the producer of sex ed show Sex+, who started on YouTube in 2008.
- Doe, Lindsey (January 12, 2017). "15 Mini Lessons in Sexuality". YouTube. Retrieved April 7, 2017.
- Doe, Lindsey (February 8, 2015). "My Age". YouTube. Retrieved May 2, 2015.
- Fredrickson, Erika (March 25, 2010). "Rosie the Riveter redux". Missoula Independent. Retrieved February 8, 2015.
- Doe, Lindsey Takara (2005). "Phenomenological claim of first sexual intercourse among individuals of varied levels of sexual self-disclosure". Retrieved November 12, 2018.
- Duganz, Pat (February 7, 2008). "Still taboo". Missoula Independent. Retrieved February 8, 2015.
- Loranger, Erin (November 13, 2014). "Fewer students enroll in Human Sexuality". Montana Kaimin. Retrieved February 8, 2015.
- Indy Staff (October 3, 2013). "The sex issue Including: Missoula-made Sexplanations educates the masses, sex on campus, eco-friendly sex toys, and more". Missoula Independent. Retrieved February 8, 2015.
- Green, Laci (October 2, 2016). "YouTube Sex Education is Under Attack". Medium. Retrieved April 7, 2017.
- De Graaf, Mia (March 13, 2015). "'Dear Boy Who Likes My Daughter... stop asking her out!'". Daily Mail.
- Wallwork, Ellen (November 3, 2015). "Mum's Important Message About Consent To Boy Who Likes Her Daughter: 'No Means No'". The Huffington Post UK.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lindsey Doe.|