This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||New Jersey, United States|
Harvard Law School
|Occupation||Writer, producer, director, television creator|
Lisa Joy is an American screenwriter, director and television producer. She is co-creator and executive producer of the HBO series Westworld. Her work also includes writing for the television series Burn Notice (for which she also served as a co-producer) and Pushing Daisies. Lisa Joy received an Emmy nomination for her writing on Westworld in July 2017.
Lisa Joy was raised in New Jersey. Her father is English, her mother Taiwanese.
Previous to her career in entertainment Joy practiced law in California. She is a graduate of Harvard Law School. Joy married screenwriter Jonathan Nolan, the younger brother of director Christopher Nolan. The two first met at the premiere of the elder Nolan's film, Memento.
|2016||Westworld||Yes||Yes||Yes||Co-creator and executive producer|
- Miller, Matt (September 29, 2016). "Westworld Is Not the Next Game of Thrones—It's Much More Than That". Esquire. Hearst Magazines. Retrieved 19 October 2016.
- Fortini, Amanda (April 17, 2018). "With 'Westworld', Lisa Joy Is Rewriting Women's Power Story Line in Hollywood and Beyond". Elle.
Joy, who is 40, was raised in a hardworking immigrant family (her dad is from England; her mom is from Taiwan) in suburban New Jersey.
- California, The State Bar of. "State Bar of CA :: Lisa Joy". members.calbar.ca.gov. Retrieved 2016-10-20.
- Staff, The Playlist. "On The Rise 2014: 13 Screenwriters To Watch | IndieWire". www.indiewire.com. Retrieved 2016-10-20.
- Gire, Jamie Sotonoff and Dann (2016-10-18). "A-minus at Loyola Academy fueled 'Westworld' creator". Daily Herald. Retrieved 2016-10-20.
- King, Larry (15 April 2014). "What Does A Showrunner Bring To A Deserted Island?". YouTube. Retrieved 12 September 2016.
- "Is 'Westworld' HBO's Next Big Hit?". New York Times. 29 September 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lisa Joy.|