List of civilian casualties in the war in Afghanistan (2012)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
List of civilian casualties in the War in Afghanistan (2012)
- February 8, 2012 – 2012 Kapisa airstrike – Seven children and a young adult were killed by an ISAF airstrike in the village of Geyaba in the eastern Afghan province of Kapisa.
- February 17, 2012 – Kunar Raid – Six civilians were killed in a night raid in Dewa Gul Valley, in the Chawki district of Kunar province.
- March 11, 2012 – Kandahar massacre – At least 16 civilians were killed after a 'rogue' US serviceman entered their homes and began to open fire in the Afghan province of Kandahar.
- May 27, 2012 – Eight members of an Afghan family were killed in a NATO airstrike in eastern Afghanistan.
- July 2, 2012 – NATO killed three shopkeepers in an airstrike near Charkh District, east of Afghanistan. Logar province spokesman Din Mohammad Darwesh said NATO forces were on a foot patrol in morning of July 2 in Charkh district when they came under fire from insurgents. He said they called in an airstrike and the bombardment killed three shopkeepers.
- September, 2012 – NATO killed eight women and injured a further seven women, in an airstrike in Laghman.
- Informer Misled NATO in Airstrike That Killed 8 Civilians, Afghans Say ( Archived March 30, 2013, at WebCite)
- NATO regrets airstrike that killed 8 young Afghans (Archived March 30, 2013, at WebCite)
- Night raid sparks anti-US protests (Archived March 30, 2013, at WebCite)
- US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar (Archived March 30, 2013, at WebCite)
- Eight Afghan civilians said killed in NATO airstrike (Archived March 30, 2013, at WebCite)
- Afghan official: NATO airstrike kills 3 civilians (Archived March 30, 2013, at WebCite)
- Afghanistan: Nato air strike 'kills eight women' in Laghman (Archived March 30, 2013, at WebCite)