List of Administrators and High Commissioners of Papua New Guinea
This is a list of viceroys in Papua New Guinea from the creation of the Territory of Papua and New Guinea in 1945 until the territory's independence in 1975. Since independence, the viceroy in Papua New Guinea has been the Governor-General of Papua New Guinea.
Administrators of Papua and New Guinea (1945–1973)
- Jack Keith Murray, 31 October 1945–1952
- Brigadier Sir Donald Cleland, 1952–1966
- David Hay, CBE, 23 December 1966–1970
- Leslie Wilson Johnson, 1970–1973
In 1971, the name of the territory was changed to Papua New Guinea.
High Commissioners of Papua New Guinea (1973–1975)
- Leslie Wilson Johnson, 1973–March 1974, continued
- Thomas Kingston Critchley, March 1974–16 September 1975