List of musical instruments by Hornbostel-Sachs number: 321.313
This is a list of instruments by Hornbostel-Sachs number, covering those instruments that are classified under 321.313 under that system. These instruments may be known as spike tube lutes.
- 3: Instruments in which sound is produced by one or more vibrating strings (chordophones, string instruments).
- 321.313: Instrument in which the handle passes diametrically through the walls of a tube (spike tube lutes)
These instruments may be classified with a suffix, based on how the strings are caused to vibrate.
- 4: Hammers or beaters
- 5: Bare hands and fingers
- 6: Plectrum
- 7: Bowing
- 71: Using a bow
- 72: Using a wheel
- 73: Using a ribbon
- 8: Keyboard
- 9: Using a mechanical drive
||Uganda||321.313||Spike tube lute|
- von Hornbostel, Erich M.; Curt Sachs (March 1961). "Classification of Musical Instruments: Translated from the Original German by Anthony Baines and Klaus P. Wachsmann". The Galpin Society Journal. Galpin Society. 14: 3–29. doi:10.2307/842168. JSTOR 842168.