List of tourist attractions in Budapest
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article does not cite any sources. (February 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This List of tourist attractions in Budapest lists the most important sights of Budapest by district and date of construction.
Sights by list
Churches, religious buildings
- St. Stephen's Basilica, the biggest church (1905).
- Matthias Church, the oldest church (1015).
- Lutheran Church of Deák Square, the biggest Protestant church (1799–1808).
- Reformed Church of Kálvin Square, the most famous Reformed church (1816–1830).
- Church of Mary Magdalene, ruins of the oldest churches (ca. 13th century).
- Dohány Street Synagogue, largest synagogue in Europe (1854–1859).
- Inner City Parish Church in Pest (ca. 14th century).
- Saint Peter of Alcantara Franciscan Church (ca. 1241).
- Palace Chapel (ca. 15th century)
- University Church (1715–1771).
- Gellért Hill Cave, national chancel (1931).
- Saint Anne Parish (1761).
- St. Catherine of Alexandria Church (1749).
- St Elizabeth of the House of Arpad Parish Church (1895–1901).
- Our Lady of the Snows Parish Church (1694).
- Church of Stigmatisation of Saint Francis (1757).
- Szilágyi Dezső Square Reformed Church (1894–1896).
- Lutheran Church of Budavár, the oldest Lutheran church of Buda (1895).
- Tomb of Gül Baba, northernmost Islamic pilgrimage site in the world (1543–1548).
- Rumbach Street Synagogue (1869–1872).
- Árpád Bridge, the busiest bridge (1950)
- Margaret Bridge, the second oldest bridge (1876)
- Széchenyi Chain Bridge, the oldest and most famous bridge (1849)
- Elisabeth Bridge, built across the narrowest part of the Danube (1903)
- Liberty Bridge, the third oldest bridge (1896)
- Petőfi Bridge (1937)
- Rákóczi Bridge (1995)
Sights by districts
|Buda Castle, Matthias Church, Hungarian National Gallery, Castle Hill Funicular, Sándor Palace, Fisherman's Bastion, Gellért Hill, Labyrinth of Buda Castle, Vienna Gate|
|II.||Tomb of Gül Baba, Mechwart Park, Cave of Szemlő Hill, Stalactite Cave of Pál Valley, Lukács Bath|
|Aquincum Military Amphitheatre, Zichy Castle|
|Queen of Heavens Church, Synagogue of Újpest, Water Tower of Újpest|
|Parliament, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Gresham Palace, St. Stephen's Basilica, Vigadó Concert Hall, Ethnographic Museum, Hungarian National Bank, Shoes on the Danube Bank memorial, Károlyi Garden|
|Andrássy Avenue, Hungarian State Opera House, House of Terror Museum, St. Theresa of Ávila Church.|
|Dohány Street Synagogue, Rumbach Street Synagogue, Kazinczy Street Synagogue, St. Elizabeth of Árpád House Church, Reformed Church of Fasor, Madách Theatre, Gozsdu udvar, Franz Liszt Academy of Music, Hungária Bath (today: Continental Hotel Zara), New York Palace (today: Boscolo Budapest Hotel)|
|Hungarian National Museum, Erkel Theatre, Orczy Garden, Botanic Garden, Hungarian Natural History Museum, Metropolitan Ervin Szabó Library|
|National Theatre, Palace of Arts, Kálvin Square Reformed Church, Assisi St. Francis Church, Zwack Unicum Museum, Ráday Street, Holocaust Memorial Center, Museum of Applied Arts, Central Market Hall|
|Népliget (People's Park), Planetarium, St. László Church, Csősztorony (Keeper Tower)|
|Gellért Hill, Citadella, Liberty Statue, Budapest University of Technology and Economics St. Gellért Church, Kopaszi Dike|
|Elizabeth Lookout Tower, Normafa|
|XIII.||Comedy Theatre, St. Margaret of Árpád House Church, Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church|
|City Park, Heroes' Square, Zoo, Széchenyi Medicinal Bath, Gundel Restaurant, Vajdahunyad Castle, Petőfi Hall, Museum of Fine Arts, Hall of Art, Transport Museum, Municipal Grand Circus, Petőfi Hall, Ferenc Puskás Stadium|
|Statue of Heroes, Statue of Pope John Paul II, Rákos Stream, Merzse Marsh|
|Ferenc Liszt Airport, Sándor Petőfi Statue, Aeropark|
|Our Lady Church of Kispest|
|St. Elizabeth of Árpád House Church, Statue of Lajos Kossuth|
|Little Our Lady Church, Tamariska Hill|
|Czuba-Durozier Castle, Nagytétény Castle, Sacelláry Castle, Törley Castle, Törley Mausoleum, Memento Park|
|Heroes' Statue, Molnár Island|
|Margaret Island||Dominicans' Monastery ruins, Francisian Monastery ruins, Premontrean Convent, Water Tower, Japanese Garden, Alfréd Hajós National Swimming Stadium, Palatinus Swimming Pool, Musical Fountain|