Anantara New York Palace Budapest Hotel
The Anantara New York Palace Budapest Hotel is a luxury hotel on the Grand Boulevard of Budapest's Erzsébet körút part, under Erzsébet körút 9–11, in the 7th district of Budapest, Hungary.
The building opened on October 23, 1894, as a local office of the New York Life Insurance Company. It was designed by architect Alajos Hauszmann, along with Flóris Korb and Kálmán Giergl. The famous New York Café (Hungarian: New York Kávéház), located on the ground floor, has been a longtime center for Hungarian literature and poetry. The statues and other ornaments on the facade of the building, as well as the café's 16 imposing devilish fauns, are the works of Károly Senyei. The building was damaged in World War II, and then nationalized during the communist era. The New York Café was renamed the Hungaria Café in 1954. In 1957, the Hungarian sculptors Sándor Boldogfai Farkas, Ödön Metky and János Sóváry carved replicas in the Café of the damaged allegorical sculptures of Thrift and Wealth, America and Hungary. The New York Café was returned to its historic name in 1989, with the fall of Communism.
In February 2001, the structure was sold by the Hungarian government to the Italian Boscolo Hotels chain for $8 million. The building was totally renovated and reopened on May 5, 2006 as New York Palace - A Boscolo Luxury Hotel, a 107-room luxury hotel, including the restored New York Café.  In 2011, the name was shortened to Boscolo Budapest Hotel. In 2017 it joined The Dedica Anthology Hotels as the New York Palace Budapest Hotel. It was renamed Anantara New York Palace Budapest Hotel on November 24, 2021.
- ^ "New York Palace". aviewoncities.com. Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- ^ "BOSCOLO BUDAPEST AUTOGRAPH COL". russiantrains.com. Archived from the original on 22 February 2014. Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- ^ "CURRENTS: TRAVEL; A Luxury Hotel Opens in Budapest, But Will Poets Return to the Cafe?". The New York Times. 2006-05-04. Retrieved 2022-06-14.
- ^ "Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection". tripadvisor.com. Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- ^ "Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection". hotels.com. Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- ^ "Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection". travelpod.com. Archived from the original on 1 February 2014. Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- ^ "Boscolo Budapest Autograph Collection Hotel reviews". hotelclub.com. Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- ^ "Anantara New York Palace Budapest Hotel Joins Anantara Brand Portfolio in Europe".