Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department
|Annual calls||14,443 (2017)|
|Annual budget||$36,720,370 (17/18)|
|Fire chief||Ruben Torres|
|Facilities and equipment|
|Wildland||6 - Type 6|
3 - Type 3
The Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department (LPFD) provides fire suppression and emergency medical services to the neighboring cities of Livermore and Pleasanton, California. The organization uses a joint powers authority (JPA) model with essential support services provided by both cities. This partnership promotes more efficient administration and effective delivery of services.
LPFD Station 6 maintains the Centennial Light, the world's longest-lasting light bulb, Located at 4550 East Avenue in Livermore. The department says that the bulb is at least 117 years old and has been turned off only a handful of times. Due to its longevity, the bulb has been noted by The Guinness Book of World Records, Ripley's Believe It or Not!, and General Electric.
USAR Task Force 4
The LPFD has multiple members in the California USAR Task Force 4 (CA-TF4) one of the eight FEMA Urban Search and Rescue Task Forces in the state. The task force is based in Oakland and is sponsored by the Oakland Fire Department.
Stations and apparatus
|1||Pleasanton||Engine 91||Engine 691||Rescue Boat 91, UTV 91, Battalion 9|
|2||Pleasanton||Engine 92||Engine 392||HAZMAT 92|
|3||Pleasanton||Truck 93||Engine 693|
|4||Pleasanton||Engine 94||Engine 394|
|5||Pleasanton||Engine 95||Engine 695|
|6||Livermore||Truck 96||Engine 696||Utility 96, Breathing Support 96|
|7||Livermore||Engine 97||Engine 697|
|8||Livermore||Engine 98||Engine 698|
|9||Livermore||Engine 99||Engine 399|
|10||Livermore||Engine 90||Engine 690|
The Livermore-Pleasanton Firefighters Foundation is a non-profit organization created to support injured and fallen firefighters, police, EMS personnel, and their families both locally and across the state.
- "Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department FY 2017-2018 Operating Budget". Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department. Retrieved 19 February 2018.
- "Annual Report". Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department. Retrieved 23 April 2019.
- "Administration". Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department. Retrieved 4 March 2018.
- "Century Light Bulb". National Public Radio. 2001-06-10. Retrieved 2007-01-15.
- Longest burning light bulb, Guinness World Records
- "The Little Bulb That Could… and Does" (article), VIA, retrieved January 27, 2007.
- "US&R Task Force Locations". FEMA. Retrieved August 28, 2018.
- "Fire & EMS Departments in Alameda County". CA Firefighters. Retrieved 4 March 2018.
- "Mission Statement". Livermore – Pleasanton Firefighters Foundation. 2018. Retrieved 6 March 2019.
- "Fire Stations / Facilities". Alameda County Fire Department. 2018. Retrieved 6 March 2019.