Lomelda is the stage name of musician Hannah Read. According to Read, Lomelda is a made up word that means "echo of the stars".
Hannah Read was raised in Silsbee, Texas. She began her music career playing in bands with her brother as well as her high school friends. Read's first full-length album, Forever, was released in 2015. In 2017, Read released her second full-length album, Thx, with the independent record label Double Double Whammy. The album was co-produced with the assistance of Read's brother, Tommy. It was primarily written over a few months while Read was sleeping in her car. In July 2017, Stereogum named Lomelda one of their "Bands To Watch".
- Pelly, Liz. "Lomelda navigates growing up and leaving home on her debut album, Thx". Time Out. Retrieved 24 April 2018.
- Rettig, James. "Lomelda Bring Starry-Eyed Texas Romanticism To SXSW". Stereogum. Retrieved 24 April 2018.
- Mandel, Leah. "Lomelda Debuts "From Here," A Delicate Rock Ballad About Collapsing Distance". The Fader. Retrieved 24 April 2018.
- Johnson, Tom. "Lomelda: Forever". Gold Flake Paint. Retrieved 24 April 2018.
- Geffen, Sasha. "Introducing Lomelda's Sad Open-Road Music". Vulture. Retrieved 24 April 2018.
- Rettig, James. "Band To Watch: Lomelda". Stereogum. Retrieved 24 April 2018.
- Stoneback, Stephanie. "Small Town Texas' Lomelda's New Album 'Thx' Seeks Beauty In The Space Between You And Me". Uproxx. Retrieved 24 April 2018.
- Strauss, Matthew (June 28, 2019). "Lomelda and Hovvdy Release New Covers EP: Listen". Pitchfork. Retrieved July 1, 2019.
|This article about an entertainer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|