|Genre||superhero live-action television series|
|Created by||Adrián Suar|
|Written by||Pablo Junovich
|Directed by||Rodolfo Antúnez
|Creative director(s)||Liza Gieco|
|Opening theme||Los Únicos
|Country of origin||Argentina|
|Original language(s)||Spanish language|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||190|
|Executive producer(s)||Adrián Suar|
|Original network||El Trece|
|Original release||February 7 – December 19, 2011|
|Related shows||Sin Código|
Los únicos (Spanish: "The uniques") is a 2011 Argentine superhero live-action television series aired by El Trece in the prime time. The "uniques" are a superhero team working as a covert operation unit. Main actors are Arnaldo André, Mariano Martínez and Griselda Siciliani, the two main supervillains are played by Favio Posca and Carlos Belloso.
Unlike most productions by Pol-ka, Los únicos is not a telenovela featuring common people or a vengeance plot. Instead, it is a crime fiction comedy with metafictional elements. As such, it avoids the usual constrains of the plots of the aforementioned genres. The plot is influenced by the X-Men film series, Heroes and Sky High.
Nicolás Cabré makes a spin-off of the Sin Código telenovela, playing again his former character of "Axel Etcheverry". In the new plot, the "Nielsen Security" group has gone bankrupt, and Axel blames his former teammate Gabriel Nielsen for it. Nielsen (which was played by Adrián Suar, creator of both series) has appeared a number of times, as well as other characters and references to the former telenovela.
Arnaldo André composed his character, an experimented leader managing a team, based over his own protective relations with relatives, and the ways TV producers try to motivate him to accept a work. He made a deliberate effort to avoid giving an authoritarian style to the character, to avoid comparisons with his former character at Valientes.
The series has had cameos from notable Argentine actors, such as Esteban Prol, Eugenia Suárez, Carlos Baute and Anabela Ascar. Gonzalo Heredia, from the previous successful telenovela Malparida, played himself in a casual scene, with a brief cameo of Juana Viale, also from that telenovela. Osvaldo Laport will play again his former character of "Amador Heredia" from Soy Gitano. Miguel Ángel Rodríguez and Martín Bossi will play crime bosses, and Ana María Orozco will join the team. A fashion show will include the presence of Pía Slapka, acting as herself, and fashion designer Roberto Giordano.
The "Uniques" are actually one of several covert operation units of skilled or superpowered people working at different countries. Alfredo Monterrey organized many of those units, and the series is about the creation and organization of the Argentine branch. His recruits are Diego Rouvier, Axel Etcheverry, María Soledad Marini, Rubén Hagi, Rosario Ahumada, Violeta Morano and Hugo Albarracín. María has superhuman strength, Axel has an unbreakable skeleton, Rubén Hagi has indestructible skin, and Violeta Morano is precognitive. Diego and Rosario have no superhuman powers: Diego is a skilled secret agent, and Rosario a former burglar with a taste for high-stake thefts. The team is opposed by the villains Livio Muzak and Ronco Milevich. Ronco is capable of electric manipulation.
- Arnaldo André as Alfredo Monterrey
- Fabián Arenillas as Manuel Soria
- Jimena Barón as María Paula Said
- Carlos Belloso as Livio Muzak
- Nicolás Cabré as Axel Etcheverry
- Emilio Disi as Américo
- Claudia Fontán as Soraya Bismarck
- Adolfo Fortuna as Gretel
- Pilar Gamboa as Violeta Morano (Asesinada)
- Mariano Martínez as Diego Rouvier
- José María Monje as Hugo Albarracín
- Favio Posca as Ronco Milevich
- Griselda Siciliani as María Soledad Marini
- Eugenia Tobal as Rosario Ahumada
- Nicolás Vázquez as Ruben Hagi
- Julieta Zylberberg as Helena Epstein
- Stiletano, Marcelo (09/02/2011). "Los únicos" [The uniques] (in Spanish). Buenos Aires: La Nación. Check date values in:
- André, Arnaldo (2011-02-18). Arnaldo André: "La televisión me dio todo, todo, todo". Interview with Adriana Schettini. Clarín espectáculos. Buenos Aires.
- "Esteban Prol se suma a "Los únicos"" [Esteban Prol join "The uniques"] (in Spanish). Buenos Aires: Clarín Espectáculos. 2011-03-20. Retrieved 2011-03-31.
- "Más invitados especiales para Los únicos" [More special guests for "The uniques"] (in Spanish). Buenos Aires: Teleshow. 2011-03-31. Retrieved 2011-03-31.
- "Este horario es mío" [This hour is mine] (in Spanish). Buenos Aires: Clarín Espectáculos. 2011-03-17. Retrieved 2011-03-31.
- "Casi inadvertido, el "cameo" de una estrella en "Los Unicos"" [Almost unnoticed, the "cameo" of a star in "The uniques"] (in Spanish). Buenos Aires: Clarín Espectáculos. 2011-03-16. Retrieved 2011-03-31.
- "Primero, la ficción" [First, fiction] (in Spanish). Buenos Aires: Clarín Espectáculos. 2011-03-17. Retrieved 2011-03-31.
- ""Los Unicos" sigue marcando tendencia" ["The uniques" keeps marking trends] (in Spanish). Buenos Aires: Clarín Espectáculos. 2011-03-18. Retrieved 2011-03-31.