This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Single by LL Cool J featuring Total|
|from the album Mr. Smith|
|Released||June 25, 1996|
|Producer(s)||Rashad "Ringo" Smith, LL Cool J, Trackmasters (Remix)|
|LL Cool J singles chronology|
"Loungin" is a song performed by American rapper LL Cool J and released in June 1996. The song serves as the third and final single from his sixth studio album Mr. Smith (1995). It was released by Def Jam Recordings on June 25, 1996. The LP version was written by LL Cool J and Al B. Sure! and produced by Rashad "Ringo" Smith. A popular remix featuring vocals by Total and production from the Trackmasters was also released, which samples the 1985 top ten R&B hit "Who Do You Love" by American singer-songwriter Bernard Wright".
The single was a success, peaking at number three on the Billboard Hot 100, number one on Hot Rap Singles and number four on Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs. It sold 1.3 million copies, earning a platinum certification from the RIAA. The LP version samples Al B. Sure!'s "Nite and Day" and on the B-Side was "Summer Luv".
The song also appeared in an episode of LL's sitcom, In The House.
The music video for the single included a cameo from Funkmaster Flex as well as performance shots from the group Total. The video depicts LL Cool J having an affair with a woman who is unhappy in her relationship.
- "Loungin'" (Radio Remix Edit)- 3:45
- "Loungin'" (LP Radio Edit)- 3:59
- "Loungin'" (LP Version)- 4:10
- "Summer Luv" -4:38
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||3|
|New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)||43|
- LL Cool J - Loungin' (CD liner notes). PolyGram Group Distribution, Inc. 7 314575062-2 6
- "Loungin (Remix) - LL Cool J feat. Total | WhoSampled". WhoSampled. Retrieved November 17, 2015.
- "Best-Selling Records of 1996". Billboard. BPI Communications Inc. 109 (3): 61. January 18, 1997. ISSN 0006-2510. Retrieved May 7, 2015.
- "American certifications – L.L. Cool J – Loungin". Recording Industry Association of America.
- "LL Cool J Chart History". Billboard. Retrieved May 24, 2018.
- "End of Year Charts 1996". Recorded Music NZ. Retrieved December 3, 2017.