Lower Heidelberg Township, Berks County, Pennsylvania
Lower Heidelberg Township
|• Total||15.42 sq mi (39.95 km2)|
|• Land||14.84 sq mi (38.44 km2)|
|• Water||0.58 sq mi (1.50 km2)|
|Elevation||394 ft (120 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||407.20/sq mi (157.22/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (EST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 15.5 square miles (40.1 km²), of which, 14.9 square miles (38.7 km²) of it is land and 0.5 square miles (1.4 km²) of it (3.49%) is water.
- South Heidelberg Township (south)
- Heidelberg Township (west)
- North Heidelberg Township (northwest)
- Penn Township (far north)
- Bern Township (north)
- Spring Township (east)
|Source: US Census Bureau|
As of the census of 2000, there were 4,150 people, 1,544 households, and 1,156 families residing in the township. The population density was 277.7 people per square mile (107.3/km²). There were 1,578 housing units at an average density of 105.6/sq mi (40.8/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 97.30% White, 0.87% African American, 0.02% Native American, 1.18% Asian, 0.27% from other races, and 0.36% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.04% of the population.
There were 1,544 households, out of which 35.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 67.3% were married couples living together, 5.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 25.1% were non-families. 22.1% of all households were made up of individuals, and 14.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.64 and the average family size was 3.11.
In the township the population was spread out, with 26.6% under the age of 18, 5.1% from 18 to 24, 27.3% from 25 to 44, 23.0% from 45 to 64, and 18.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 40 years. For every 100 females, there were 91.9 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 88.7 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $61,375, and the median income for a family was $69,706. Males had a median income of $50,391 versus $27,500 for females. The per capita income for the township was $27,700. About 1.4% of families and 2.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including 1.5% of those under age 18 and 9.6% of those age 65 or over.
- "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Aug 13, 2017.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- https://viewer.nationalmap.gov/advanced-viewer/ The National Map, retrieved 31 October 2018
- Pennsylvania State Game Lands Number 280, retrieved 31 October 2018
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lower Heidelberg Township, Berks County, Pennsylvania.|