Lyceum International School
|Lyceum International School|
ලයිසියම් ජාත්යන්තර පාසල
|Established||14 June 1993|
|Founder||Mohan Lal Grero|
|Grades||Lower Nursery To Grade 12 (Upper Sixth)|
|Age||2 to 20|
|Song||"Lyceum our alma mater May the torch of learning burn, from body mind and spirit...”|
Lyceum International School was founded by Mohan Lal Grero in 1993, Lyceum International School began with seven students and five teachers. The motto is derived from the Ancient Greek aphorism "Know thyself". The motto itself has no application within the curriculum or teaching style. Today Lyceum is made up of the parent-school in Nugegoda and eight branch schools in Kandana(LK), Panadura(LP), Wattala(LW), Ratnapura(LR), Gampaha(LG), Nuwara Eliya(LE), Anuradhapura(LA) and Kurunegala(LK) Kottawa.
Lyceum Academy for Higher Education was founded by its managing director Mohan Lal Grero on 7 September 1989.  This was situated at Raymond Road, Nugegoda where the present campus stands. At that time Lyceum had only two classrooms and the organization had only external students.
The Lyceum International Schools Network now has over 20,000 students.
Lyceum Panadura is the second branch of the Lyceum International Schools. It celebrated its 21st anniversary in May 2021. Lyceum Panadura was started in year 2000 with 3 teachers and 23 students at Walana.
Lyceum prepares its senior school students to sit for the Cambridge International Examinations for their Ordinary Levels and Advanced Level Examinations endorsed by the University of Cambridge, in the United Kingdom, and by the University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate (UCLES), its examination body.
Since 2010, students are given the option of choosing between the Cambridge syllabus or the National syllabus in the English language, which gives them the opportunity to be eligible for higher education at public universities in Sri Lanka.
Lyceum has launched the first phase of E-Learning at the Lyceum Group along with the instigation of curfew, on the 16th of March 2020.
Model United Nations Club
Lyceum is an annual participant of COMUN (Colombo Model United Nations) and SLMUN (Sri Lanka Model United Nations). The lyceum delegation won the best school and best delegation award in the COMUN 2011 Conference along with several other awards and has also been runners up in most of the previous conferences. Lyceum International School Wattala Branch also has participated in COMUN 2012 Conference winning GA2 Best Delegate Award.
Inter International Schools Athletic Championship (ISAC)
The Lyceum branches of schools have won the ISAC consecutively along with Lyceum Nugegoda hosting the ISAC for the ninth time at the Mahinda Rajapakse Stadium, Diyagama, and Gateway College Colombo also playing a part in hosting the ISAC nine times.
- "find lyceum school | lyceum on location | lyceum.lk". www.lyceum.lk. Retrieved 16 November 2018.
- "Journey into Self: the Lyceum Experience". Daily Mirror. Colombo, Sri Lanka: Wijeya Newspapers. 5 December 2017. Retrieved 3 May 2018.
- "News Grand Opening of Lyceum Pre - Primary School, Kuliyapitiya!". Daily Mirror. Colombo, Sri Lanka: Wijeya Newspapers. 21 September 2020. Retrieved 23 March 2021.
- "Lyceum International School: Birth to adulthood". Daily Mirror. Colombo, Sri Lanka: Wijeya Newspapers. 13 June 2018. Retrieved 22 March 2021.
- "CELEBRATING 21 YEARS OF EXCELLENCE". Daily Mirror. Colombo, Sri Lanka: Wijeya Newspapers. 3 May 2021. Retrieved 1 June 2021.
- "Lyceum learners achieve top results at Cambridge Outstanding Learner Awards". Daily Mirror. Colombo, Sri Lanka: Wijeya Newspapers. 22 January 2016. Retrieved 23 March 2021.
- "Seventeen Students from Sri Lanka Top in World Cambridge international exams 2017-18" (PDF). Daily Mirror. Colombo, Sri Lanka: Wijeya Newspapers. 28 November 2018. Retrieved 23 March 2021.
- "The Perfect Educational Solution for Present "COVID-19 Outbreak" from Lyceum Schools - Sri Lanka". Daily Mirror. Colombo, Sri Lanka: Wijeya Newspapers. 3 May 2020. Retrieved 22 March 2021.
- "Another feat by Lyceum". Daily News. 30 August 2011. Retrieved 22 March 2021.
- "Model United Nations Society". LOGOS COLLEGE. 3 August 2017. Retrieved 22 March 2021.
- "Lyceum dominate International schools athletics with 27 golds". Sunday Observer. 16 February 2020. Retrieved 22 March 2021.