M6 (Istanbul Metro)
|M6 Levent–Hisarüstü/Boğaziçi Üniversitesi|
|Termini||Levent station, Beşiktaş|
Boğaziçi Üni. station, Beşiktaş
|Opened||19 April 2015|
|Owner||Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality|
|Operator(s)||Metro Istanbul A.Ş.|
|Rolling stock||12 Alstom (Sometimes Hyundai Rotem) |
4 carriages per trainset
|Line length||3.3 km (2.1 mi)|
|Number of tracks||2|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in) standard gauge|
|Electrification||750 V DC Third rail|
|Operating speed||70 km/h (43 mph)|
Line M6, officially referred to as the M6 Levent – Hisarüstü/Boğaziçi Üniversitesi line, is a 3.3-kilometre (2.1 mi) light metro line of the Istanbul Metro. The line opened for public service on 19 April 2015. Except for the very small Tünel, this line is the shortest of the Istanbul Metro system with only four stations.
The project was a cooperation between Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality and the Ministry of Transport, Maritime and Communication. The metro tunnel is a single tube, which is constructed 25 metres (82 ft) underground by New Austrian Tunnelling method (NATM). The 3.3-kilometre-long (2.1 mi) line with four stations connects to the M2 Yenikapı - Hacıosman metro line at Levent station. In terms of passenger capacity, 8,100 passengers per hour per direction can be transported, which makes this a light metro line rather than a fully rapid transit line. M6 operates two 4-car trains (which can be increased to three trains), running with a top speed of 80 km/h (50 mph) speed with at least 5–minute headways during peak hours. The travel time between the termini stations is 6–7 minutes.
The M6 has a total of four stations, the least on any metro line in the city. The only connection to another metro line is at Levent, where connection to the M2 is available.
|Levent||Beşiktaş||19 April 2015|| Istanbul Metro: |
İETT Bus: 15, 15B, 15C, 15E, 15H, 15K, 15KÇ, 15M, 15N, 15P, 15R, 15S, 15T, 15Y, 15ŞN, 15Z
|Nispetiye||19 April 2015||İETT Bus: DT1|
|Etiler||19 April 2015||İETT Bus: 43R, 59K, 59R, 59RS, 59UÇ, 559U|
|Boğaziçi Üniversitesi||19 April 2015||İETT Bus: 43R, 59R, 59RS, 559C|
- "M6 Levent – Hisarüstü/Boğaziçi Üniversitesi". istanbululasim.com.tr (in Turkish). İstanbul Ulaşim A.Ş. Retrieved 2015-12-11.
- "Istanbul opens Line M6". Railway Gazette International. 20 April 2015. Retrieved 2015-10-04.
- Tekten, Erhan (2014-01-24). "Mini metro Taksim'e bağlanıyor". Hürriyet (in Turkish). Retrieved 2014-02-10.
- "Mini metro, metroya bağlanıyor". Hürriyet (in Turkish). 2014-01-24. Retrieved 2014-02-10.
- Aksu, Fatma (2015-04-17). "Topbaş: Mini metro Pazar günü açılıyor". Hürriyet (in Turkish). Retrieved 2015-04-19.
- "Tünel açma çalışmaları başlayan metro hattı 3250 metre olacak. Tek tünelli metro hattı, yüzeyden 25 metre derinlikte oluşturulacak" (in Turkish). Akatlar. Retrieved 2014-02-10.
|This article about a Turkish building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This rapid transit-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|