This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
23 April 1981 |
|Alma mater||University of Florida and University of Phoenix|
|Spouse(s)||Rose Njeri (2011 – present)|
Machel Waikenda (/
Early life and education
Waikenda was born in Nairobi, Kenya on 23 April 1981. After completing his initial education in Nairobi, he completed his bachelor's in electrical engineering from the University of Florida in August 2006, and his MBA from University of Phoenix in December 2012. Currently, he is completing his doctorate in business administration at the University of Phoenix. He has been married to Rose Njoroge since 2011 and they have a child.
Waikenda started his career as first officer pilot in Kenya Airways. He is the founder of Blackstar Entertainment, Kenya. During April 2013, Kenyan media reported that Waikenda created the official accounts for the Kenyan President.
Waikenda Joined The National Alliance of Kenya in April 2012. He was the chief coordinator of the 2012 by-elections of Kangema, Ndhiwa and Kajiado North constituencies. Waikenda was the director of communications and secretary of arts and entertainment of The National Alliance, from April 2012 to August 2013 and he led the media and communications department of the party during the 2013 elections. After the success of The National Alliance in presidential and general elections held on 4 March 2013, Waikenda was appointed as a member of the National Olympics Committee Youth Commission. He is a member of New Partnerships for African Development (NEPAD) Presidential Taskforce on the improvement of Kenya's governance indices.
Waikenda has been the founder of the Jubilee Coalition's Dunda campaign. Through media, he advocated, the proposed government's framework to allocate 2.5 per cent of the GDP annually to establish a Youth Enterprise Capital Fund for youth access interest-free business financing and government's announcement for allocation of 30% of its procurement tenders to young entrepreneurs. He is also the board member of the World Youth Parliament.
- "Officials". The National Alliance Website. Retrieved 19 October 2013.
- "Kenya restricts 'hate' texting for elections". BBC News. Retrieved 19 October 2013.
- "Blackstar Entertainment Owner Rewarded Handsomely By TNA". Jeff Omondi. Ghafla News. Retrieved 19 October 2013.
- "This is The Man Who Handles President Uhuru's FB & Twitter Accounts". Ghafla News. Retrieved 19 October 2013.
- "Celebrity Weddings". Mwakilishi. Retrieved 19 October 2013.
- "Why I quit flying". The Standard Digital. Retrieved 19 October 2013.
- "Uhuru adds Black star entertainment director in TNA". The Kenyan Daily Post. Retrieved 19 October 2013.
- "Uhuru taps the services of Blackstar entertainment owner". Jeff Mwangi. Ghafla News. Retrieved 19 October 2013.
- "This is The Man Who Handles President Uhuru's FB & Twitter Accounts". Jeff Omondi. Ghafla News. Retrieved 19 October 2013.
- "Youthful TNA team to reap from Uhuru's win". JUDIE KABERIA. Capital FM News. Retrieved 19 October 2013.
- "URP rejects plans for joint operations centre for Jubilee coalition". MWANIKI MUNUHE. Standard Digital. Retrieved 19 October 2013.
- "Kenya's health sector ailing". CATHERINE KARONGO. Capital FM News. Retrieved 19 October 2013.
- "Kenya: Jubilee launches ÂDunda' campaign". East Africa Standard. 20 October 2013. Archived from the original on 20 October 2013. Retrieved 20 October 2013.
- Machel Waikenda (14 September 2013). "Kenya: Nation at 50 – It's Time to Move Forward". All Africa. Retrieved 19 October 2013.
- "It's critical 30pc tenders for youth pledge is kept". Machel Waikenda. Standard Digital. Retrieved 19 October 2013.