1978 (age 35–36)
Maddox is the pen name of George Ouzounian, an American humorist, satirist, Internet personality, and author. He gained fame on the Internet in the early 2000s for his opinion-oriented website, The Best Page in the Universe, which he still maintains. His first book, The Alphabet of Manliness (2006), became a New York Times bestseller. He says that his pen name comes from the 1980s anime Metal Skin Panic MADOX-01. He is a graduate of Woods Cross High School in Woods Cross, Utah; he also attended the University of Utah, but does not hold a degree.
Maddox started The Best Page in the Universe in 1997. The majority of the content is satirical. Maddox reported in 2006 that the site's online store earned enough for him to "stay above water." Maddox is reported to have worked as a programmer for a telemarketing company until 2004.
Maddox's first book, The Alphabet of Manliness, was published in 2006 and reached number one on the Amazon.com sales chart. The book is illustrated and has a chapter-length entry for each letter in the English alphabet regarding a "manly" topic (for example, N is for Norris, Chuck).
Maddox, along with Thom Beers and Dax Herrera, had been working on a reality television show for Spike TV titled Manformation, which was to showcase the experiences of everyday men in extraordinary events; however, the project was shelved. In 2010 he appeared on Penn & Teller: Bullshit!'s eighth season episode "Old People" and started his own web series, The Best Show in the Universe, on YouTube.
- Traister, Rebecca. "It's a man's world" (Interview). Salon.com. Retrieved 2007-02-12.
- Goodmacher, Chris (August 31, 2003). "Whoever Sucks the Least is King, An Interview with Maddox" (Online Journal). PoinDexter Online. Archived from the original on June 3, 2007. Retrieved 2006-05-26.
- "Don't move to Utah..".
- "The Brains Behind: The Best Page In The Universe." .net Magazine[dead link]
- "Obscure satirist suddenly a best-seller." The Honolulu Advertiser.
- "It's a man's world." Salon[dead link]
- "2006 Exhibitors M-Z." San Diego Comic Con
- "Pure testosterone...now in book format. "The Alphabet of Manliness"." The Stanford Daily[dead link]
- "The Alphabet Of Manliness (Hardcover)." Amazon.com
- Weinman, Jaime J. "The bestseller no one's ever read." Maclean's magazine.
- Littleton, Cynthia (January 29, 2010). "Spike TV to give auds 'Manformation'" (Interview). variety.com. Retrieved 2011-05-13.
- "'I Am Better Than Your Kids': An Interview With Maddox". The Huffington Post. July 11, 2011. Retrieved 2013-02-10.
- "George Ouzounian". ucbtheatre.com. Retrieved 2013-02-19.
- "Tournament of Nerds". tournamentofnerds.com. June 2, 2012. Retrieved 2013-02-10.
- "Tournament of Nerds: Abraham Lincoln Vs. Kool Aid Man". tournamentofnerds.com. June 12, 2012. Retrieved 2013-02-10.
- "Check Out Some New Stills from Ooga Booga; Porn Star Siri Joins the Cast". dreadcentral.com. November 30, 2012. Retrieved 2013-02-10.
- "Ooga Booga coming in Feb 2013, Karen Black, Stacy Keach, Maddox, Siri". fullmoonhorror.com. January 29, 2013. Retrieved 2013-02-10.
- "The Biggest Problem in the Universe: Who". thebiggestproblemintheuniverse.com. Retrieved June 30, 2014.
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Maddox|