This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Single by Heart|
|from the album Dreamboat Annie|
|B-side||"How Deep It Goes"|
5:28 (album version)|
3:29 (single version)
|Heart singles chronology|
"Magic Man" is a song by the American rock band Heart. The single was released in Canada in July 1975, and in America in 1976, as the second single from the band's debut album, Dreamboat Annie. Written and composed by Ann and Nancy Wilson, the song is sung from the viewpoint of a young girl who is being seduced by an older man (referred to as a Magic Man), much to the chagrin of her mother, who calls and begs the girl to come home. In an interview, Ann Wilson revealed that the "Magic Man" was her then boyfriend, band manager Michael Fisher, and that part of the song was an autobiographical tale of the beginnings of their relationship.
"Magic Man" became Heart's first Top 10 hit in the United States, peaking at No. 9 on the Billboard Hot 100.
- Ann Wilson – lead vocals
- Nancy Wilson – rhythm guitar, acoustic guitar, backing vocals
- Roger Fisher – lead guitar, acoustic guitar
- Steve Fossen – bass guitar
- Howard Leese – rhythm guitar, Minimoog synthesizer
- Dave Wilson – drums
- Ray Ayotte – conga
- Mike Flicker – percussion
- "Results - RPM - Library and Archives Canada". Collectionscanada.gc.ca. Retrieved 2016-10-11.
- Bienstock, Richard. "Heart's Ann & Nancy Wilson: Our Lives in 15 Songs". Rolling Stone. Rolling Stone. Retrieved 31 August 2018.
- Kent, David (1993). Australian Chart Book 1970–1992 (doc). Australian Chart Book, St Ives, N.S.W. ISBN 0-646-11917-6.
- "Results - RPM - Library and Archives Canada". Collectionscanada.gc.ca. Retrieved 2012-06-23.
- Steffen Hung. "Heart - Magic Man". dutchcharts.nl. Retrieved 2012-06-23.
- Steffen Hung. "Heart - Magic Man". charts.org.nz. Retrieved 2012-06-23.
- "Heart - Chart history". Billboard. Retrieved 2016-10-11.
- Cash Box Top 100 Singles, October 30, 1976
- "Australian Chart Book". Austchartbook.com.au. Archived from the original on 2016-03-05. Retrieved 2016-10-11.
- Whitburn, Joel (1999). Pop Annual. Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin: Record Research Inc. ISBN 0-89820-142-X.
- Cash Box Top 100 Singles, December 25, 1976