|Mahyar Mohyeddin or Mahyar Dean مهیار محی الدین|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, composer, guitar instructor, author|
|Instruments||Electric guitar, acoustic guitar|
Mahyar Mohyeddin a.k.a Mahyar Dean (Persian: مهیار محی الدین ) is a musician, guitarist, guitar instructor, author, and founding member of the Iranian heavy metal act Angband, the first such band to be signed to a label.
The book Death, about the band Death and its founder Chuck Schuldiner, was released in Iran in Persian. The book includes bilingual lyrics and many articles about the band. The book was sent through the EmptyWords.org site to Schuldiner, who in his own words was "truly blown away and extremely honored by the obvious work and devotion he put into bringing the book to life".
The group Angband
In 2004, he established the power metal/progressive musical group Angband, which is the first signed metal band from Iran, signed to the Pure Steel label. They have released three albums with Mahyar Dean as the guitarist and producer.
Albums with Angband
Albums with others
- "Iranian Metal Band ANGBAND Signs With Germany's PURE STEEL RECORDS". Blabbermouth. Archived from the original on June 12, 2008. Retrieved June 8, 2008.
- EmptyWords.org (the official website for Death/Control Denied & Chuck Schuldiner), published April 2001. Retrieved February 25, 2014.
- Nima. "Angband - Visions of the Seeker Review". Lords of Metal Online Magazine.
- Dennis Piller. "Angband mit Infos zum neuen Album (German)". Metal1 Online Magazine. Retrieved 2010-09-16.
- M. Amiri (September 14, 2011). "Tehran rocks, but only under ground". Reuters. Retrieved Sep 14, 2011.