Manasa (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
Manasa Vidhan Sabha constituency (Hindi: मनासा विधान सभा निर्वाचन क्षेत्र) is one of the 230 Vidhan Sabha (Legislative Assembly) constituencies of Madhya Pradesh state in central India. This constituency came into existence in 1951 as one of the 79 Vidhan Sabha constituencies of the erstwhile Madhya Bharat state.
Manasa is part of Mandsour Lok Sabha constituency along with seven other Vidhan Sabha segments, namely, Neemuch and Jawad in this district, Jaora in Ratlam district and Mandsour, Malhargarh, Suwasra and Garoth in Mandsaur district.
Members of Legislative Assembly
As a constituency of Madhya Bharat state:
As a constituency of Madhya Pradesh state:
- 1957: Sundarlal, Bharatiya Jana Sangh
- 1962: Sundarlal, Bharatiya Jana Sangh
- 1967: Nandram Das, Indian National Congress
- 1972: Surajbhai Tugnawat, Indian National Congress
- 1977: Ramchandra Basar, Janata Party
- 1980: Nandram Das, Indian National Congress (I)
- 1985: Narendra Bhanwarlal Nahta, Indian National Congress
- 1990: Radhe Shyam Ladha, Bharatiya Janata Party
- 1993: Narendra Bhanwarlal Nahta, Indian National Congress
- 1998: Narendra Bhanwarlal Nahta, Indian National Congress
- 2003: Kailash Chawla, Bharatiya Janata Party
- 2008: Vijendra Singh Malaheda, Indian National Congress
- "District/Assembly List". Chief Electoral Officer, Madhya Pradesh website. Retrieved 14 March 2011.
- "Statistical Report on General Election, 1951 to the Legislative Assembly of Madhya Bharat" (PDF). Election Commission of India website. p. 5.
- "Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies Order, 2008" (PDF). The Election Commission of India. pp. 249, 251.
- "Madhya Pradesh Vidhan Sabha General Elections - 2008 (in Hindi)" (PDF). Chief Electoral Officer, Madhya Pradesh website. Retrieved 14 March 2011.