|Named for||Manjula Kshetra|
|• Body||Block Panchayath|
|• Total||24.4 km2 (9.4 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,700/km2 (4,400/sq mi)|
|• Official||Malayalam, Kannada, Tulu|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Manjeshwar (Malayalam : മഞ്ചേശ്വരം, Kannada : ಮಂಜೇಶ್ವರ) is a town at the northern tip of the Indian state of Kerala, bordering Karnataka. It is a coastal town in Kasaragod district. It is 21 km from Mangalore city. Shrimad Anantheshwara Temple is situated in Manjeshwar. In 2007, the government set up a Tulu academy. It is historically known for its 1,200-year-old Srimath Anantheshwara Temple, which is mentioned in the Sahyadri Khand of the Skanda Purana. This is among the very few temples having a puranic background. Manjeswaram assembly constituency is part of Kasaragod (Lok Sabha constituency)
Government Offices in Manjeshwar
- Manjeshwar Police Station
- Sub Registrar's Office
- Sub Treasury
- Travelers' Bungalow
- Manjeshwar Block Panchayat Office
- Manjeshwar Grama Panchayat Office
- Village Office, Hosabettu
- Village Office, Kunjathur
- Manjeshwar Head Post Office
- Krishi Bhavan
- KSEB Office
- Veterinary hospital
- PWD Offices
- Survey Office
- Govt. Hospital
- Homeopathic Center
- Electricity Board
- Manjeshwar Railway Station
- Customs Office
- Central Excise Office
- RTO Check Post, Kunjathur, Manjeshwar
- Sales Tax Check Post, Bangra Manjeshwar
- Forest Check Post, Kunjathur, Manjeshwar
- Animal Husbandry, Kunjathur, Manjeshwar
- Telephone Exchange, Manjeshwar
The Manjeshwar Census Town has population of 8,742 of which 4,178 are males while 4,564 are females as per report released by Census India 2011.
Population of Children with age of 0-6 is 1149 which is 13.14% of total population of Manjeshwar (CT). In Manjeshwar Census Town, Female Sex Ratio is of 1092 against state average of 1084. Moreover, Child Sex Ratio in Manjeshwar is around 995 compared to Kerala state average of 964. Literacy rate of Manjeshwar city is 92.91% lower than state average of 94.00%. In Manjeshwar, Male literacy is around 97.53% while female literacy rate is 88.75%.
The monsoon rains during the months of June to September. The spring season occurs during the month of November to January. The summer or dry season falls between the month of February to May. There is an unnamed river that joins the Arabian sea here, thus making the river and sea rich with water life.
Economy / agriculture
Economy of Manjeshwar is mainly attributed to agriculture and fishing. The region has got fertile land and rich water resources. Most of the people who own land cultivate coconut plantation. Crabs and sea shells are widely available and the people here have developed many special recipes with these beautiful sea food. About 95% of the population of Manjeshwar entirely depend on the city of Mangalore for their basic needs and hence the economy of Mangalore has direct bearing on the economy of this region.
- Govind Pai Memorial College, Manjeshwar 
GPM Government College, Manjeshwaram has been sanctified by the name of the legendary literary luminary Rashtrakavi Manjeshwaram Govinda Pai. In October 1990, the college got transferred to the present and permanent abode in the Hosabettu village of Manjeshwar, which forms the northern border of Kerala State.
- Other Schools and Colleges
- Malharu nooril islami thaalimi one of large Islamic institution
- Sri Vani Vijaya Higher Secondary School, Kodlamogaru.
- Sri Vani Vijaya U.P School, Adakkalakatte, Kodlamogaru.
- Manavatti Beevi English Medium School, Dharmanager.
- Govt. Lower Primary School, Kunjathur, Manjeshwar
- Govt. Higher Secondary School, Kunjathur, Manjeshwar
- Govt. Lower Primary School, Badaje, Manjeshwar
- Govt. High School, Bangra Manjeshwar
- Govind Pai Memorial College, Manjeshwar
- Shri Bhagavathi English Medium School, Kanila
- Spoorthy Vidya Nikethan, Badaje, Manjeshwar
- Srimath Anantheshwar Temple High School, Manjeshwar
- Udyavara Bhagavathi A L P School, Kanwatheertha
- Manjeshwar Academy, Manjeswar
- Udaya High School, Manjeshwar
- M.M.T.C, Katte bazar
- Infant Jesus English Medium School, Manjeshwar
- Al- Saqaf English Medium School, Udyawar
- Posoat English Medium School
- Sirajul Huda Higher Secondary School, Manjeshwar
- NH-66 (formerly NH-17) passes through Manjeshwar.
The following organizations offer both long-distance and local transportation.
- Kerala State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) owned by Govt. of Kerala.
- Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) owned by Govt. of Karnataka.
- Lots of Private owned bus services.
- 3-Wheeler Auto Rickshaw (taxi) for local short distance transportation.
- Indian Railways Station, Manjeshwar.
- Mangalore International Airport (formerly Bajpe Airport) is the nearby domestic and international airport. It is around 30 km away from Manjeshwar.
- Munnippady Juma Masjid. Meenja.
- Poyyathabail Juma Masjid, Kodlamogaru.
- Ahmadiyya Muslim Jama'at Masjid, Manjeshwar
- Malhar Juma Manjeshwar, Hosangadi
- Udaywar 1000 jammath juma masjid
- Safa Juma Masjid,Kunjathur, Manjeshwar
- Karoda Masjid Main Junction Manjeshwar.
- Bilal Masjid Manjeshwar.
- Badriya Masjid Manjeshwar.
- Firdous Masjid Manjeshwar.
- Rahmaniya Juma Masjid, Pavoor, Manjeshwar
- Baithul Rahman Masjid, Gerukatta, Manjeshwar
- Machampady Juma Masjid, Badaje Manjeshwar
- Koppala Juma Masjid, Koppala, Pavoor, Manjeshwar
- Pandial Jumma Masjid Manjeshwar
- Muhiyiddeen Jumma Masjid Manjeshwar
- Sunni Juma Masjid Dharmanager
- Anekkal Juma Masjid
- Pathour C.M. Nager Juma Masjid.
- Pathour Juma Masjid
- Purushangodi Juma Masjid
- Thoke Juma Masjid
- Kadambar Juma Masjid
- Koliyoor Juma Masjid
- Koliyoor Padavu Juma Masjid
- Ghandhi nagar Juma Masjid
- Shrimath Anantheshwar Temple, Manjeshwar
- shri Kalikaparameshwari Temple, Bangra Manjeshwar
- Shri Mahalingeshwara Temple, Kunjathur Manjeshwar
- Shri Mahalingeshwara Temple, Badaje Manjeshwar
- Shri Keertheshwara Temple, Manjeshwar
- Shri Kanila Bhagavathi Temple, Manjeshwar
- Shri Shanischara Mandir, Manjeshwar
- Shri Nithyananda Mandir, Manjeshwar
- Shri Kanwathirtha, Manjeshwar
- Sri Udyawara Mada Daivalu, Manjeshwar
- Sri Keertheshwara Temple, Majeshwar
- Sri Madapura Mutthapan Temple, Bangra Manjeshwar
- Sri Ayyapa Kshethra, Hosangadi
- Sri Raktheshwari Temple, Hosangadi
- Sri Veerabhadra Mahamayee Temple, bangra Manjeshwar
Chathurmukha Basadi, Manjeshwar
- Holy Cross Church, Pavoor Manjeshwar
- Infant Jesus Church, Manjeshwar
- Great personalities
- Nearby towns and cities
- Related articles
- Ahmadiyya Muslim Community
- Udyawara 1000 jamahat juma Masjid
- Udyawara Sri Arasu Manjishna mada Tempal
- Kanila Shree Bhagavathi Temple
- "India 2011 census". Retrieved 25 September 2015.
- "Assembly Constituencies - Corresponding Districts and Parliamentary Constituencies" (PDF). Kerala. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2008-10-18.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Manjeshwar.|