|Full name||Emmanuele Gabriel Smith|
|Date of birth||8 November 1988|
|Place of birth||Birmingham, England|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|2007||→ Halesowen Town (loan)||5||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 15:12, 9 December 2017 (UTC).
He was captain of Walsall reserve team during the 2006–07 season. He was on the verge of the first team during this very season, however the management at Walsall believed that he lacked that competitive match experience which was needed to become a first-team regular.
He was allowed to link up with Southern Football League Premier Division side, Halesowen Town on loan. During his short time at the club Smith made five league appearances for the Birmingham-based outfit before returning to Bescot Stadium, to make his professional debut on 7 April 2007 in Walsall's Football League Two clash with Torquay United. The centre half came on as a 70th-minute substitute in this game replacing Craig Pead.
Smith started the 2007–08 campaign in high spirit after making his debut in the previous season, he had also just signed another contract with the club in May 2007, meaning he would remain at the Bescot Stadium until May 2008.
This would prove to be a difficult season for him, especially if he wanted to climb back up the ladder and break back into the first-team. However, during the start of the season he failed to do so spending a lot of time playing in the reserve side. February 2008, turned out to be a big month him following the sale of defensive colleague Scott Dann, who joined Coventry City towards the very end of the January transfer window.
He signed a new two-year contract with the club on 10 May 2010.
In February 2012, Smith was disciplined by the club for his offensive tweet to a lifelong supporter.
O 9 July 2012, Smith signed a two-year deal with League One club Notts County. He played his first competitive game for the club in a League Cup match against Bradford City. However, he was stretchered off in the first half after twisting his knee in a challenge with Alan Connell, it was later confirmed by Keith Curle that Smith would be out for three months.
On 5 August 2014, he signed with Conference Premier side Wrexham. The 25-year-old centre-back joined the Dragons on a one-year deal after impressing on trial. Smith played in every minute of Wrexham's 61 league and cup games with 1 goal, the opening goal in the 3–1 win over Maidstone in the FA Cup 2nd round, in the 2014–15 season as his performances earned him the club's Player of the Season award.
Smith signed a new one-year deal with Wrexham after the 2014–15 season, keeping him at the Red Dragons for the 2015–16 season. He played in his 100th career appearance for Wrexham, as the beat Cross-border rivals Chester, 3–0 at the Racecourse.
Return to Wrexham
On 7 June 2017, Smith returned to Wrexham after cancelling his contract with Gateshead due to personal reasons.
- As of match played 8 December 2017
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
|Halesowen Town (loan)||
||SL Premier Division||5||0||—||—||—||5||0|
|Notts County||2012–13||League One||5||0||0||0||1||0||0||0||6||0|
- "Manny Smith". Barry Hugman's Footballers. Retrieved 19 January 2017.
- "Manny Smith". 11v11. Retrieved 19 January 2017.
- Brian Halford. "Torquay 1 Walsall 2". Birmingham Mail.
- "Coventry sign Dann from Walsall". BBC Sport. 1 February 2008. Retrieved 3 January 2010.
- "Walsall release seven including Dwayne Mattis". BBC Sport. 10 May 2010.
- "Players fined for Twitter comments". The FA. 1 March 2012. Retrieved 1 March 2012.
- "Manny becomes a Magpie". Notts County F.C. 9 July 2012. Retrieved 9 July 2012.
- "Notts target new defender after Smith ruled out for three months". Nottingham Post. 18 August 2012. Retrieved 18 August 2012.
- Williams, Richard. "Manny Smith proud of reaching 100 appearances for Wrexham AFC". LeaderLive. Retrieved 25 March 2016.
- Williams, Richard (17 May 2016). "Manny Smith would've extended his stay at Wrexham AFC if offered a new contract". The Leader. Mold. Retrieved 14 October 2016.
- "Manny Re-Joins Wrexham". Gateshead Official Site. 7 June 2017. Retrieved 7 June 2017.
- "Walsall 2006/2007 player appearances". Soccerbase. Retrieved 31 August 2011.
- "Walsall 2007/2008 player appearances". Soccerbase. Retrieved 31 August 2011.
- "Walsall 2008/2009 player appearances". Soccerbase. Retrieved 31 August 2011.
- "Walsall 2009/2010 player appearances". Soccerbase. Retrieved 31 August 2011.
- "Walsall 2010/2011 player appearances". Soccerbase. Retrieved 31 August 2011.
- "Walsall 2011/2012 player appearances". Soccerbase. Retrieved 31 August 2011.
- "Player details: Season 2006–2007: Manny Smith". SoccerFactsUK. Retrieved 14 February 2016.
- "E. Smith". Soccerway. Perform Group. Retrieved 17 January 2017.
- Emmanuele Smith at Soccerbase