|Village development committee|
|Time zone||Nepal Time (UTC+5:45)|
Mainapokhar is a village development committee in Bardiya District in the Bheri Zone of south-western Nepal. At the time of the 1991 Nepal census it had a population of 6,841 and had 951 houses in the town. Now it reaches to nearly 20000 in 2016. It is nearly 20 km far from Nepalgunj.
It is near to local Indian Market Balegaun, Where Can be reached 5 km from Maiapokhar through Local Place Called Ranipur & Padariya.
1. Badhiya Lake : It is local tourist destination where people from nearby place came for enjoyment. They can enjoy Boating & can have Delicious fish Dish. They can cycling around the lake.
Temperature highly affects the lifestyle of Mainapokhar. Due to extreme heat in summer season, people wear light cotton clothes and rarely come out during the day time. While in the winter season, the temperature may drop to 4 °C during which people wear thick woollen clothes.
1.Shree Shardha Higher Secondary School
2. Bardiya Academy & Polytechnical Research Center,Tilkana
3. River Queens School, Tilkana
4. Krishnasar Vidhya Niketan(best school)
1. Nepalgunj 20 km
2. Bansgadi 8 km
3. Gulariya 18 km
- "Nepal Census 2001". Nepal's Village Development Committees. Digital Himalaya. Retrieved 2008-08-31.
|This Bheri Zone location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|