This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Brink performing with In This Moment at Fort Rock Festival 2013
|Born||December 17, 1977|
|Origin||Schenectady, New York, U.S.|
|Associated acts||In This Moment|
Brink has been awarded "Rock Goddess of the Year" in the 3rd (2013) and 5th (2015) Annual Loudwire Music Awards, "Hottest Chick in Metal" in 2010, one of eleven women in heavy metal who matter by Yell! Magazine in 2012, and was recognized by Revolver Magazine as one of the "25 Hottest Chicks in Hard Rock & Metal".
Maria Brink was born in 1977 and grew up in New York state. Her father disappeared when she was still very young, and Maria was left with a mother who was heavily addicted to drugs, and as a result of severe depression she drifted into rebellious behavior. Maria became pregnant at 14, and lived alone with son Davion, working in a launderette to pay the rent. She firstly threw herself into helping her mother overcome her drugs habit. With that accomplished, and local band projects coming to nothing, in 2002 she made the big decision to drive 2,500 miles to Los Angeles. For two years she worked in stores, and sang in coffee shops and bars, sustaining herself through dark times by having 'believe' and other empowering statements tattooed on her hands and arms.
Maria is a vegetarian and is active with the PETA campaign.
The first band Maria was ever in was an Albany-based band called Pulse, before moving to California.
Brink is also an aspiring artist/painter going by the alias of 'Maria Brink's Wonderland'.
In This Moment
- In This Moment (2005) (Demo)
- Beautiful Tragedy (2007)
- The Dream (2008)
- A Star-Crossed Wasteland (2010)
- Blood (2012)
- Blood At The Orpheum (2014)
- Black Widow (2014)
- Rise of the Blood Legion: Greatest Hits (Chapter 1) (2015)
- Ritual (2017)
- "Here's To Us" (Guest Version) – Halestorm
- "Heaven's A Lie" – Manntis
- "Anywhere But Here" – Five Finger Death Punch
- "Big Mouth" – Red Dragon Cartel
- "Contemptress" – Motionless in White
- "Gravity" – Papa Roach
- "Criminal Conversations" – P.O.D.
- "Loudwire Music Awards: Maria Brink Is Rock Goddess of 2013". Loudwire. Retrieved 24 October 2014.
- "Maria Brink Wins Rock Goddess of 2015 in 5th Annual Loudwire Music Awards". Loudwire. Retrieved 30 December 2015.
- "Maria Brink, lead singer of In This Moment on the black carpet after receiving her award for 'Hottest Chick in Metal' at the Revolver Golden God Awards 2010 in L.A." Mtv.com. Retrieved 24 October 2014.[dead link]
- Shawn Loeffler (2012-03-14). "11 Women In Heavy Metal & Hard Rock Who Matter". Yellmagazine.com. Retrieved 2015-05-28.
- "NewBay Media Online Store — Revolver - Feb/Mar -2014 - 25 Hottest Chicks in Hard Rock". Guitarworld.myshopify.com. Retrieved 24 October 2014.
- E, Gaz. "Maria Brink - In This Moment - Über Röck Interview Exclusive". Über Röck-Kick Ass Rock N Roll.
- "In This Moment's Maria Brink Stands Up for Animals - peta2". 19 July 2011.
- Metal, Upstate. "IN THIS MOMENT's Maria Brink Talks to Upstate Metal – NYS Music". nysmusic.com.
- Eduardo Rivadavia. "In This Moment - Discography - AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 24 October 2014.
- "Exclusive Song Premiere: Halestorm — "Here's To Us" (Guest Version), Featuring Slash, David Draiman, Brent Smith and More". Revolvermag.com. Archived from the original on 2 November 2014. Retrieved 1 November 2014.
- "Manntis Feat In This Moment:"Heaven's A Lie"".
- James Christopher Monger. "Red Dragon Cartel - Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved 24 October 2014.
- "P.O.D. lift lid on The Awakening". 9 June 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Maria Brink.|
|This article about a United States rock singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|