Marion County Airport (South Carolina)
Marion County Airport
|Serves||Marion, South Carolina|
|Elevation AMSL||92 ft / 28 m|
Marion County Airport (ICAO: KMAO, FAA LID: MAO) is a county-owned, public-use airport in Marion County, South Carolina, United States. It is located three nautical miles (6 km) east of the central business district of Marion, South Carolina. This airport is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Although many U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this airport is assigned MAO by the FAA but has no designation from the IATA (which assigned MAO to Eduardo Gomes International Airport in Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil).
Facilities and aircraft
Marion County Airport covers an area of 130 acres (53 ha) at an elevation of 92 feet (28 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 4/22 with an asphalt surface measuring 4,504 by 100 feet (1,373 x 30 m).
For the 12-month period ending March 17, 2011, the airport had 6,000 aircraft operations, an average of 16 per day: 98% general aviation and 2% military. At that time there were 9 aircraft based at this airport: 89% single-engine and 11% multi-engine.
- FAA Airport Master Record for MAO ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
"2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. Archived from the original (PDF, 2.03 MB) on September 27, 2012. Cite uses deprecated parameter
|deadurl=(help); External link in
- "Marion County Airport (IATA: none, ICAO: KMAO, FAA: MAO)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved June 9, 2013.
- "IATA Airport Code Search (MAO: Manaus / Eduardo Gomes Intl)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved June 9, 2013.
- "Manaus-Eduardo Gomes International Airport, AM, Brazil (IATA: MAO, ICAO: SBEG)". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved June 9, 2013.
- Airport page at Marion County website
- Marion County Airport (MAO) at the South Carolina Aeronautics Commission
- Aerial image as of February 1994 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for MAO, effective September 12, 2019
- Resources for this airport: