|Born||April 23, 1956
Spokane, Washington, U.S.
Mark Pody (born April 23, 1956) is an American politician. He serves as a Republican member of the Tennessee House of Representatives from the 46th district, encompassing Cannon County as well as parts of Wilson County and Dekalb County.
He is a member of the Tennessee Firearms Association, the Chambers of Commerce in Lebanon, the Trousdale County, Watertown, and Cannon County. He is also a past President of the General Agents & Managers Association. A private pilot, he is a member of the Civil Air Patrol.
In September 2015, Pody proposed bill HB1412, known as the Tennessee Natural Marriage Defense Act, to ban same-sex marriage in Tennessee despite the Supreme Court's decision to legalize it. He drew a parallel with the Fugitive Slave Act of 1850. His colleague in the Senate, Mae Beavers, proposed a similar bill.
- House of Representatives biography
- Tennessee House Republican Caucus
- Steven Hale, Anti-All Comers Bill Incites Religious Debate, Dunn Runs Afoul of Party Leadership, Nashville Scene, Apr 27, 2012
- Chas Sisk, State lawmaker takes on Vanderbilt’s all-comers policy, The Tennessean, April 26, 2012
- Joe White, Religious Debate in State House Precedes Idling of Anti-All Comers Bill, WPLN-FM, April 26th, 2012
- Brant, Joseph (September 17, 2015). "State Republicans file bill to end marriage equality: Tennessee Natural Marriage Defense Act proposed". Out & About Newspaper. Nashville, Tennessee. Retrieved September 25, 2015.
- Woods, Jeff (December 18, 2015). "God Warriors Organizing to Stop 'Sodomite Police' in Tennessee". The Nashville Scene. Retrieved December 19, 2015.
- Official website biography