|Born||April 23, 1956
Spokane, Washington, U.S.
Mark Pody (born April 23, 1956) is an American politician. He serves as the Republican member of the Tennessee House of Representatives from the 46th district, encompassing Cannon County as well as parts of Wilson County and Dekalb County.
He is a member of the Tennessee Firearms Association, the Chambers of Commerce in Lebanon, the Trousdale County, Watertown, and Cannon County. He is also a past President of the General Agents & Managers Association. A private pilot, he is a member of the Civil Air Patrol.
In September 2015, Pody proposed bill HB1412, known as the Tennessee Natural Marriage Defense Act, to ban same-sex marriage in Tennessee despite the Supreme Court's decision to legalize it. He drew a parallel with the Fugitive Slave Act of 1850. His colleague in the Senate, Mae Beavers, proposed a similar bill.
- House of Representatives biography
- Tennessee House Republican Caucus
- Steven Hale, Anti-All Comers Bill Incites Religious Debate, Dunn Runs Afoul of Party Leadership, Nashville Scene, Apr 27, 2012
- Chas Sisk, State lawmaker takes on Vanderbilt’s all-comers policy, The Tennessean, April 26, 2012
- Joe White, Religious Debate in State House Precedes Idling of Anti-All Comers Bill, WPLN-FM, April 26th, 2012
- Brant, Joseph (September 17, 2015). "State Republicans file bill to end marriage equality: Tennessee Natural Marriage Defense Act proposed". Out & About Newspaper (Nashville, Tennessee). Retrieved September 25, 2015.
- Woods, Jeff (December 18, 2015). "God Warriors Organizing to Stop 'Sodomite Police' in Tennessee". The Nashville Scene. Retrieved December 19, 2015.
- Official website biography