|Born||April 30, 1968|
|Residence||Los Angeles, United States|
Mark Suster is an American entrepreneur and venture capitalist. He is currently managing partner at Upfront Ventures. He is a prominent blogger in the startup venture capital world. Suster is married and has two sons, Jacob and Andy.
Education and entrepreneur career
Suster grew up in Northern California and is a dual citizen of both the United Kingdom and the United States. He is of Romanian Jewish descent. Suster graduated from University of California, San Diego with a Bachelor of Arts in Economics. He started his career as a programmer at Accenture, which later paid for a postgraduate Master of Business Administration from the University of Chicago.
In 1999, with Ireland-based property entrepreneur Brian Moran, he founded his first company, a construction collaboration technology business called BuildOnline, where he was also chief executive officer. BuildOnline merged with US-based rival Citadon in December 2006 and the combined business, CTSpace, was acquired by the French Sword Group corporation a year later in December 2007. By this stage, Suster had already left the business, having founded a second company, a content collaboration software business, Koral. In April 2007, Koral was acquired by Salesforce.com where Suster took the role of Vice President, Product Management. He joined Upfront Ventures (previously known as GRP Partners), an investment firm, later in 2007.
- "Mark Suster - Managing Partner @ Upfront Ventures | Crunchbase". Crunchbase. Retrieved 2018-05-01.
- "The Money Book: Mark Suster | Los Angeles Business Journal". labusinessjournal.com. Retrieved 2018-05-01.
- "The Founder Showcase: Launching startups with a community". The Next Web. Retrieved 18 June 2011.
- "Mark Suster – Executive Profile". Businessweek. Retrieved 18 June 2011.
- Suster, Mark. "How Twitter Got Me Into The White House And Saved My Son's Birthday". Business Insider. Retrieved 19 June 2011.
- Suster, Mark (13 July 2013). "Startup Grind Turns the Tables on Mark Suster". Both Sides. Retrieved 20 August 2013.
- Suster, Mark. "Personal Bio". Archived from the original on March 13, 2010. Retrieved 18 June 2011.
- "Mark Suster". CrunchBase. Retrieved 19 June 2011.
- Kamelia Angelova (July 28, 2011) Privately, Investors Admit There's Big Bubble In Tech Startups. Business Insider
- "Nanit knows more about how your baby sleeps than you do – TechCrunch". techcrunch.com. Retrieved 2018-05-01.
- "uBeam's Meredith Perry shows her stealth wireless charging technology really works". USA TODAY. Retrieved 2018-05-01.
- Barnes, Brooks (2014-03-24). "Disney Buys Maker Studios, Video Supplier for YouTube". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2018-05-01.
- "Getting to Know Maker Studios – Both Sides of the Table". Both Sides of the Table. 2011-12-25. Retrieved 2018-05-01.
- "Disney Acquires YouTube-Based Video Supplier, Maker Studios, for Up To $950mm | Architect Partners". architectpartners.com. Retrieved 2018-05-01.
- "Maker Studios Raises $1.5M For Creator-Founded YouTube Studio". Tubefilter. 2011-04-21. Retrieved 2018-05-01.