Meekins was born in Collingswood, New Jersey. In 2003, she earned a bachelor's degree in Illustration from Moore College of Art and Design. She also attended the Rhode Island School of Design.
Meekins' work came to notice when she started a blog in 2005 and was featured in Zoo Weekly Australia and Attack of the Show!, who praised her "Ren & Stimpy-style illustrations." She won the Silver Nosey Award for Caricaturist of the Year at the 2009 International Society of Caricature Artists convention.
Meekins' Vine videos often feature crude humor and satire and make use of animation, costumes, props, fake blood, special effects, and her dogs. They earned her a place on Comedy Central's first online comedy festival in 2013, where The New York Times praised her "crisp ideas and unexpected visual flourishes". Later that year, Meekins was commissioned by Wendy's to make and share a Vine in her typical style.
- Lewis, Amanda (September 23, 2013). "Marlo Meekins: From Visual Artist to Vine Star". Arts. LA Weekly. Archived from the original on August 20, 2016. Retrieved August 20, 2016.
- Goldberg, Adam (September 12, 2013). "Marlo Meekins Is a Vine Superstar, but It's Not Her Only Canvas". Huffington Post. Archived from the original on September 13, 2013. Retrieved August 20, 2016.
- Frank, Sarah (March 7, 2013). "More Than Just Cats: 14 Clever Six-Second Vine Movies". Vulture.com. Archived from the original on June 20, 2013. Retrieved August 20, 2016.
- "Alumnae News & Exhibitions—2000s". Moore College of Art and Design. Archived from the original on July 19, 2013.
- "The World's Hottest Bloggers". Zoo Weekly. July 13, 2010. Archived from the original on July 14, 2010.
- "Hot Poledancers and Brainy Babes". Attack of the Show. August 29, 2008.
- "2009 ISCA Convention Award Winners". International Society of Caricature Artists. November 11, 2009. Archived from the original on June 15, 2010. Retrieved August 20, 2016.
- Zinoman, Jason (May 1, 2013). "The Digital Stage for Six-Second Zingers". The New York Times. Archived from the original on April 27, 2015. Retrieved August 20, 2016.
- For the video posted by Wendy's, see Meekins, Marlo (September 5, 2013). "Life Advice". Vine. For Meekins' follow-up video, see Meekins, Marlo (September 9, 2013). "Always Share". Vine.
- Meekins, Marlo [@marlomeekins] (August 16, 2012). "follow my nice husband @ncrossanimation He worked on Ren&Stimpy, Yo Gabba and tons of others, he animated this vimeo.com/47545779 #ff" (Tweet). Archived from the original on October 22, 2016. Retrieved October 22, 2016 – via Twitter.
|This profile of an American cartoonist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|