Martenshoek railway station
This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (March 2016)
Martenshoek railway station in 2007
|Opened||1 May 1868|
Martenshoek (Dutch pronunciation: [ˌmɑrtənsˈɦuk]; abbreviation: Mth) is an unstaffed railway station in Martenshoek in the Netherlands. The station opened on 1 May 1868 and is located on the Harlingen–Nieuweschans railway between Groningen and Nieuweschans. The services are operated by Arriva.
The railway station is located at the Spoorstraat in Martenshoek, part of the municipality of Hoogezand-Sappemeer, in the province of Groningen in the northeast of the Netherlands. It is situated on the Harlingen-Nieuweschans railway between the railway stations of Kropswolde and Hoogezand-Sappemeer, both also in the municipality of Hoogezand-Sappemeer.
A wooden station building was completed in 1865. Train services started at Martenshoek on 1 May 1868, when the part of the Harlingen-Nieuweschans railway between Groningen and Winschoten was opened. Initially, trains were operated by the Maatschappij tot Exploitatie van Staatsspoorwegen, until it merged with the Hollandsche IJzeren Spoorweg-Maatschappij to form the Nederlandse Spoorwegen in 1938. The station building was demolished and replaced by a shelter in 1970. The Nederlandse Spoorwegen operated the trains until 2000, when first NoordNed (2000–2005) and later Arriva (2005–present) received the concession for the northern railway lines of the Netherlands.
At the station, there are two tracks and two platforms. Platform 1 is north of the tracks, serving trains towards Groningen, and platform 2 is south of the tracks, serving trains towards Bad Nieuweschans.
- Stoptrein 20100 or Regionalbahn 57 (1x per hour): Groningen – Winschoten – Bad Nieuweschans – Leer
- Stoptrein 37500 (1x per hour): Groningen – Winschoten
- Stoptrein 37800 (2x per hour): Groningen – Veendam
The line 73 (Emmen - Groningen), 76 (Groningen - Hoogezand) and 276 depart and arrive in the area of this station.
- Stations Martenshoek (in Dutch), Stationsweb. Retrieved 30 April 2016.
- Overzicht van de spoorlijn Harlingen- Leeuwarden- Groningen- Nieuweschans (in Dutch), Stationsweb. Retrieved 30 April 2016.
- Leeuwarden–Groningen, Sporenplan. Retrieved 12 May 2016.