Veendam railway station
Veendam railway station on the day it reopened (2011)
|Operated by||NS Stations|
|Connections||Bus lines 13, 71, 110, 171, 174, 271, 510|
|Opened||1 August 1910; reopened 1 May 2011|
|Closed||17 May 1953|
Veendam (Dutch pronunciation: [veːnˈdɑm] ( listen); abbreviation: Vdm) is an unstaffed railway station in Veendam in the Netherlands. It is located on the Stadskanaal–Zuidbroek railway after Zuidbroek as the present-day line terminus.
The railway station is located at the Parallelweg in the village of Veendam in the province of Groningen in the northeast of the Netherlands. It is situated on the Stadskanaal–Zuidbroek railway, where it is the present-day line terminus before the railway station Zuidbroek.
The station was previously served by passenger trains from 1 August 1910 to 17 May 1953. The station reopened on 1 May 2011, when the Veendam–Zuidbroek section of the Stadskanaal–Zuidbroek railway was reopened to passenger services.
- Stoptrein 37800: Groningen – Groningen Europapark – Kropswolde – Martenshoek – Hoogezand-Sappemeer – Sappemeer Oost – Zuidbroek – Veendam
- "Station Veendam" (in Dutch), Stationsweb. Retrieved 22 November 2015.
- "Overzicht van de spoorlijn Stadskanaal-Zuidbroek" (in Dutch), Stationsweb. Retrieved 17 February 2017.
- Groningen–Veendam/Winschoten–Nieuweschans (ARRIVA) (in Dutch), Nederlandse Spoorwegen. Retrieved on 17 December 2015.
- Halte: Veendam, Station (in Dutch), Qbuzz. Retrieved 17 December 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Station Veendam.|
- Veendam station, station information