Mass gathering medicine
Mass gathering medicine, also known as event medicine or crowd medicine, is a field of medicine that explores the health effects/risks of mass gatherings and the strategies that contribute positively to effective health services delivery during these events. The reason for the development of the field of medicine gives the fact that mass gatherings generate a higher incidence of injury and illness, may be the subject to a catastrophic accident or attack with large numbers of injured or dead persons.
Among factors influencing on the demand for the health care at mass gatherings  are:
- the weather,
- duration of the event,
- if the crowd moves,
- containment of the event (fenced/contained or not),
- availability of alcohol/drugs,
- the density of the crowd et al.,
- possibility for spreading of communicable diseases 
Key purposes of Mass Gathering Medical Services at an event are:
- rapid access to the injured or ill patients,
- effective stabilizing and transporting injured or ill patients,
- on-site care for minor injuries and illnesses.
Mass gathering medicine support requires planning in advance.
The inaugural Mass Gathering Medicine Summit was held in New York City on April 21-22, 2016.  The second annual Mass Gathering Medical Summit will be held in Las Vegas on February 10-11, 2017 
- Arbon P: Mass gathering medicine: A review of the evidence and future directions for research. Prehosp Didast Med 2007;22(2):131-135
- "Public Health Preparedness for Mass Gatherings". Retrieved 2010-11-04.
- Franaszek J:Medical care at mass gatherings. Ann Emerg Med 1986;15:60-61
- Thompson JM et al.:Level of medical care required for mass gatherings: The XV Winter Olympic Games in Calgary, Canada. Ann Emerg Med 1991;20(4):385-390
- Home | (archive) Mass Gathering Medicine Interest Group
- Milsten AM et al.: Mass gathering medical care: A review of the literature. Prehosp Disaster Med 2002;17(3):151-162
- "Communicable disease alert and response for mass gatherings" (PDF). Retrieved 2010-11-04.
- De Lorenzo RA:Mass gathering medicine: A review. Prehosp Disaster Med 1997;12(1):68-72
- "Mass Gatherings and Public Health" (PDF). 2007. Retrieved 2010-11-04.
- http://sis.nlm.nih.gov/enviro/massgatherings.html Public Health Preparedness for Mass Gatherings
- Home - CrowdRx: Event Medical Services