23 October 1971 |
|Education||Central Saint Martin's College of Art and Design|
Matthew Williamson (born 23 October 1971) is a British fashion designer.
Williamson was born in Manchester and studied in Manchester at Loreto College until he was 17 years old. He then moved to London to attend school at Central Saint Martin's College of Art and Design, graduating in 1994.
In 2005, he launched his own perfume range and the following year he was appointed Creative Director at Emilio Pucci. In 2007, a runway show of his designs was incorporated into the video for Prince's song "Chelsea Rodgers" from his Planet Earth album. In 2007, the Design Museum, London, hosted a restrospective of his work entitled "Matthew Williamson – 10 years in Fashion".
In 2008, Williamson was awarded the "Red Carpet Designer" accolade at the British Fashion Awards where he has also received three nominations for Designer of the Year. In September 2008 Matthew Williamson returned to London full-time to focus fully on his own label's forthcoming ventures and expansion. He made a guest appearance on season 7 of Project Runway. The episode aired on 28 January 2010.
In October 2010 it was announced that Matthew Williamson signed a new licensing deal with MBFG. The deal began a new line – Muse by Matthew Williamson. The new line is expected to be in stores for Fall 2011.
- Freeman, Hadley (17 February 2003). "Double vision". The Guardian.
- "Matthew Williamson". London Fashion Week. Retrieved 11 December 2012.
- Alexander, Hilary. "New York Fashion Week: Matthew Williamson". Telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 11 December 2012.
- Milligan, Laura. "Today in History – April 29". Vogue. Retrieved 11 December 2012.
- "Matthew Williamson – 10 Years in Fashion". Easier Lifestyle. Retrieved 11 December 2012.
- "Red Carpet Designer 2008". British Fashion Awards. Retrieved 11 December 2012.
- "Fashion designer Matthew Williamson launches e-commerce site". UTalkMarketing. 18 May 2009.
- "Matthew Williamson to judge Project Runway; Nina Garcia "LA was almost impossible"". Sassybella.com. 27 January 2010. Retrieved 1 August 2012.
- "Muse by Matthew Williamson Diffusion Line In The Works". Fashionlvr.com. 13 October 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Matthew Williamson.|