|Date of birth||12 March 1981|
|Place of birth||Ischia, Italy|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Playing position||Left back|
|2000–2001||→ Chieti (loan)||32||(1)|
|2002–2004||→ San Marino (loan)||63||(1)|
|2005–2006||→ Reggina (loan)||5||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 16 July 2012.
Born in Ischia, Ischia island, Campania, Lauro started his professional career with Marche side Ascoli. After made two league appearances in two seasons for Ascoli's first team, Lauro became a full-member of the first team in 2000–01 season, but for Serie C2 club Chieti. Chieti won the promotion playoffs that season and promoted. On 1 July 2001, he returned to Ascoli Piceno and played six times in Serie C1. That season Ascoli finished as the Group B champion. Lauro then spent two Serie C2 seasons in San Marino. In 2004–05 season he returned to Ascoli and became one of the regular starter. He played 28 times that season and played once in promotion playoffs, as left back. In although losing to Torino in aggregate, Ascoli promoted to fill the vacancy due to Caso Genoa and the bankrupt of Torino and Perugia.
Lauro followed Ascoli promoted to Serie A, however, he left for fellow Serie A team Reggina on 31 August 2005. In January 2006, Reggina terminated his contract and Lauro returned to Ascoli as an understudy of left back Cristiano Del Grosso. The team finished as the tenth place that season. In July 2006, he was transferred to Serie B team Cesena for undisclosed fees.
At Cesena, Lauro became a regular starter of the team, as left back and a centre-back (in first season). He missed two months from late September to October 2007 due to injury. He then returned to his old position – left back on 2 November against Lecce. That season Cesena finished as the bottom. He follow the team relegated to Lega Pro Prima Divisione in 2008 and promoted back to Serie B in 2009 as champion and promoted again to Serie A in 2010 as runner-up. In 2010–11 season, Cesena signed Yuto Nagatomo as left back, and Lauro played his second Serie A season, again as backup. After the team failed to win since round 3, Nagatomo was moved to right back to replace Luca Ceccarelli and Lauro became a starting left back again. In May 2011 he signed a new 2-year contract.
Lauro played once for Italy U16 in a friendly match.
- Lega Pro Prima Divisione: 2002
- Lega Pro Prima Divisione: 2009
- "Torino-Ascoli 2–1, tempo reale". Ascoli Calcio 1898 (in Italian). 19 June 2005. Retrieved 14 November 2010.
- "Riganò all' Empoli, Tudor torna a Siena". La Gazzetta dello Sport (in Italian). 31 August 2005. Retrieved 14 November 2010.
- "Toro, idea Ricardinho Guardado al Livorno". La Gazzetta dello Sport (in Italian). 27 July 2006. Retrieved 14 November 2010.
- "Ecografia per Berti, risonanza magnetica per Lauro". AC Cesena (in Italian). 28 September 2007. Retrieved 14 October 2010.
- "Lauro prolunga fino al 2013" (in Italian). AC Cesena. 26 May 2011. Retrieved 27 May 2011.
- "LA TERNANA INGAGGIA LAURO" (in Italian). Ternana Calcio. 16 July 2012. Retrieved 5 July 2013.